Big problems

marcymarc

Hello there , just wondering if i could have a bit of help please?

I seem to have a siezed engine, its not 100% confirmed but its defo looking that way :shock::(

I,ll tell you whats happened, The other day me and my mate had a little blast in our cars, him in his Blufined focus rs and me in the retro mobile,
Anyway we pulls up after the blast and my car is feeling really lumpy and bumpy, i let the turbo wind down for a minute or two and the car semt to be ticking over fine, so i turns it off and go in my friends house for 10mins.

I then return to the car only to find it wont start, it was just clicking when i turned the key. I then phone my mate to come and give me either a tow or a jump start, he arives and tryed to jump start it but still no sign of life
Right , we comes to tow it with the intensions of perhaps bumping the car while in tow so i procede to get towed and try bumping it in 2nd, but no chance, all my car was doing is drawing my mates jeep to a stop :lol: obviously when in neutrel my car rolled, there wasnt a single sign off life in mine when trying to bump just basically the wheels kinda locking :(

Do you all agree that my engine has siezed?

davey red.r

sounds strange that mate, was ticking over ok then you went back ten mins later think it would of siezed while running, strange one that marcy keep my fingers crossed for you bud, you after standard engine or forged?:? ;-)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Take the plugs out and try turning it over with a socket/spanner on the crank pulley nut.

You might just have a dodgy starter motor and partially seized brakes. (or your engine could be seized:sad: .)

Keira

flux capacitor has given up the ghost, you will need to make contact with some terrorists that have stocks of plutonium/uranium or convert it to run on vegetable waste.

problem solved 8)

P

pulsarboby

hate to say it marcy but it does sound like a seized engine or blown h/g
said exactly the same on here to another guy the other day.
take plugs out first then try and spin her over and see what happens!
you may have a bore full of water!!!
best of luck anyways

marcymarc

davey red.r said:
sounds strange that mate, was ticking over ok then you went back ten mins later think it would of siezed while running, strange one that marcy keep my fingers crossed for you bud, you after standard engine or forged?:? ;-)
Cheers mate,

I would prefer a forged engine to be honest.

marcymarc

Cheers for the replys, i think plugs out and spanner on the crank pully nut is my next task.

Kieron, Shut it mcfly :lol:

marcymarc

pulsarboby said:
hate to say it marcy but it does sound like a seized engine or blown h/g
said exactly the same on here to another guy the other day.
take plugs out first then try and spin her over and see what happens!
you may have a bore full of water!!!
best of luck anyways
Id be sooo happy if it was just the head gasket :lol:

Keira

have you checked that the big rubber band underneath hasn't completely unwound ? :lol:

if it has tow the car backwards for a mile and it'll go again :lol:

marcymarc

Kieron McFly said:
have you checked that the big rubber band underneath hasn't completely unwound ? :lol:

if it has tow the car backwards for a mile and it'll go again :lol:

Damn, forgot all about the rubber band :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Maybe the secret R assasin has thrown a bolt in your gearbox casing and jammed the flywheel whilst you weren't looking as the symptoms sound similar to mine :lol: ;-)

Joking aside, it could be a gearbox issue but rule the HG out first.

If they way it failed is true then it doesn't sound like a bottom end What does lumpy and bumby mean? Just misfiring a bit but no knocking or clonks etc.

marcymarc

campbellju said:
Maybe the secret R assasin has thrown a bolt in your gearbox casing and jammed the flywheel whilst you weren't looking as the symptoms sound similar to mine :lol: ;-)

Joking aside, it could be a gearbox issue but rule the HG out first.

If they way it failed is true then it doesn't sound like a bottom end What does lumpy and bumby mean? Just misfiring a bit but no knocking or clonks etc.

Hi Jim, what it was the blast with me and my mate finished outside his house, i came to a stop to talk to his mum and dad for thirty seconds who had just pulled off the drive (me still in the car with engine running and tcking over fine) I then come to pull in and thats when it felt really lumpy/bumpy and basically powerless (i should of stated that in my first post), there wasnt any knocks/clonks or missfires.
I dont know how best to describe the lumpy bumpy business :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
We might all be barking up the wrong tree then and its some electrical funny that just means the car won't start/run properly. Check to see if the engine turns first and get back to us.

marcymarc

diesel weasel said:
check the battery

Checked it at the same time as i checked the flux capacitor :roll::lol:

Seriously though, i checked it on the battery charger and it was fine.

P

pulsarboby

diesel weasel said:
check the battery

kieron you are really really thick:der:
ok i know what the prob is now;-) and its one of two things, or possibly both!

1) you have a badly worn ginglay pin in your tps
or
2) your reciprocating linear diode is failing to maintain the correct boost level due to the iacc valve, which will have the wrong impedance flow.

the above 2 combined will render the car static unless it is moved to a different location.

Keira

pulsarboby said:
kieron you are really really thick:der:
says the man that changed a head trying to solve a bottom end knock ;) :lol:

how about randomly wiggling everything electrical :lol:

does it actually start/turnover or are you just getting a rapid, loudclicking when you turn the key ?

marcymarc

diesel weasel said:
says the man that changed a head trying to solve a bottom end knock ;) :lol:

how about randomly wiggling everything electrical :lol:

does it actually start/turnover or are you just getting a rapid, loudclicking when you turn the key ?

Yeah its making the rapid loud clicking noise.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Have you tried turning it by hand yet? The clicking can also be the symptoms of a flat battery or dodgy starter motor.

Keira

marcymarc said:
Yeah its making the rapid loud clicking noise.
normally it does that when the battery hasn't got enough charge to actually turn the engine over and get it to fire, or your starter is fooked, try a different, known good battery first.

however it doesn't really explain the lumpy running if its just the starter, i doubt your engines just seized on you tbh