Apex & GTiR Parts/Development

O

Odin

kenan said:
Is it me or does the disk look like the groves are wrong way round?

I would of thought the groves would of worn better the other way round? bet I'm wrong mind lol

AP disc's can be fitted this way round as well, You do get more ware on the pads but you also get better bite and performance, I'd rather have a shorter pad/disc life and better performance myself ;-) .

Rob

Kev@Apex

The important part the disk is which way the internal fins work the air. Our disks cant be rotated as we use handed rotors which work the air to the maximum cooling effect.
The surface cleaning grooves on rotors can in the more or less aggressive direction, rotors that use straight internal fins can be reversed to your choice.

One of the ways I always like to work is getting club members to help with development so everyone knows the feedback is independant. Once Dasilva has used his Apex coilovers some more he will also be doing a review :D

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Kev, have you any more manifolds atm I would and I'm sure others would as well be really interested in some internal shots of the runners and mating face of the flange.

youngsyp

Odin said:
AP disc's can be fitted this way round as well, You do get more ware on the pads but you also get better bite and performance, I'd rather have a shorter pad/disc life and better performance myself ;-) .

Rob
Rob,

Do your discs not use AP's 'curved vane' discs then ?

Kev@Apex

All in the development pipeline :D

I could just with a little comeback from the coilover and brake development spendings, once testing is complete, before pushing it above other items.

Other items being developed

SR22 stroker kits for the S14's SR with Billet cranks (We already have a Evo Billet non-stroker crank)
CA18DET non-stoker Billet cranks
Top mounted, intern/externally wastegated turbo kits for 300-600bhp for the SR20DET S14
Subaru GC8 FMIC's and other items.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Odin said:

Rob
Learn somthing new everyday (well more when your thick like me) thanks for the info.

I will be buying a brake kit soon and this one looks very good, just not sure about running 17s on the car as was planning to fit 16s

MarkTurbo

kenan said:
I will be buying a brake kit soon and this one looks very good, just not sure about running 17s on the car as was planning to fit 16s
Depending on the shape of the caliper and the inside of the wheels (spoke clearance etc) they might fit under 16's. You'd be surprised what will fit under 16" wheels ;-)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I was reading a thread on the GTR register last night and 355mm discs with calipers will fit under 17" Volk TE37s, so what's the chances of your 330s fitting under my TE37s 16"s?

Kev@Apex

We havent found any 16's that the 330 kit will fit under, the caliper does hug the rotor, its stands pround only ~20mm.
So a 356 kit needs 396mm internal space - we usually quote 400mm
and a 330mm kit needs 370mm internal space, and spoke clearance.

About half of 17's will fit the 356's only.

Kev@Apex

There is only 1 pulsar kit in existance at the moment, but if you turned up at the unit we can drop a setup inside a wheel. I very much doubt you'll get over 315mm under 16's.

antgtir

KevD said:
There is only 1 pulsar kit in existance at the moment, but if you turned up at the unit we can drop a setup inside a wheel. I very much doubt you'll get over 315mm under 16's.
The Wilwoods 330mm discs fit under my 16" Enkei's.

Ant.

P

pulsarboby

KevD said:

any idea when it will be arriving kev (for my testing) burnt orange colour please!
no rush but just need a rough idea, payment sent yesterday. thanks

P

pulsarboby

:shock: thats quick, i was expecting a couple of weeks. cheers mate