Apex & GTiR Parts/Development

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
That last one with the Mani and Stainless Elbow looks good! That looks like a separate dump pipe routed back into the exhaust..

Should be interesting to see it all up and running..

Have you thought about making up a brace for the turbo that bolts to the engine so that it moves with the engine and helps prevent cracking..?

Kev@Apex

If somebody can make/design a brace, I can get it copied/made.

Looks like a elbow/downpipe in one combo to me, again, somebody find me one I'll use it for inspiration to get them made ;)

sadsy

its the 2 piece group buy elbow, the car goes well, the manifold has gone multicoloured now lol no probs fitting it, it went straight on. Cheers Kev

Kev@Apex

Just heard that the coilovers I have had made will be with me in a few weeks, and I'll need a tester for them.

Also need a tester for the 8-pot 330mm brakes, somebody with 17" wheels who can fit them pretty quick, preferably somebofy whose car gets used regulary or on track so if the fitment is correct them you can get them through their paces and give independent feedback to the rest of the club.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
How much are these 8POTS likely to come in at cost wise.. Would be looking to use them on my own car..

Kev@Apex

Coilover test seems to be going well on Dasilva's car, I'm sure he will give a fuller report soon.

Several people have said they would test the brakes, then dropped out for one reason or another.

Still need a brake tester ...

I have a set of 330mm x 32mm, 8-pot brakes that I have developed for the GTiR, you will need 17's.

They are KSport brakes

www.ksport.co.uk/products.asp?f=brakes

I need somebody to test-fit them, a few people have said they would and then dropped out. The brakes themselves are running on lots of other cars with great sucess. This is just the first GTiR fitment ones.
They would normally retail at

330mm kit with K Sport Street pads £727.66 (£855 inc vat)
330mm kit with Ferodo DS2500 pads £787.24 (£925 inc vat)
330mm kit with Ferodo DS3000 pads £808.51 (£955 inc vat)

They are a complete kit with bells, rotors, pads, braided lines, all the brackets and bolts.

I can knock £some off the price and throw in free delivery in exchange for pictures of them fitted, and a thread on the forum once you have tried them giving your thoughts - honest thoughts, I'm not asking you to lie, I just know you'll like them :D

P

pulsarboby

master cylinder will never be able to cope with them kev! otherwise i would have been interested
also what wheels will they fit under? and what sort of test deal can you do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kev@Apex

You'll need 17's

We havent had any master cylinder problems reported from other users on other cars, be them civics, BMW's or skylines. There maybe 8 pistons but they arent large, they just spread the force more evenly accross the pad.

YHPM

KF79GTIR

Whats happening with the manifolds is there going to be a GB on them? Its been some time since we have heard anything about these?.

Kev

mattytappy

any pictures of the engine exhaust outlet side of the manifold....are they still round? or are they oval like the oe one.....only ask as the 2 fast 2cool ones where way of shape and hampered the exhaust flow quite alot....other than that it looks good....:thumbsup:

P

pulsarboby

il take you up on the brake tester deal kev, with the ferodo 3000 pads, as there gonna be under extreme use!
pm you again later today to arrange payment etc. thanks for the deal you've done, it is appreciated:thumbsup:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
pulsarboby said:
il take you up on the brake tester deal kev, with the ferodo 3000 pads, as there gonna be under extreme use!
pm you again later today to arrange payment etc. thanks for the deal you've done, it is appreciated:thumbsup:
Least I know we will get an honest review :thumbsup:

kenan

South West Regional Rep
KevD said:

Is it me or does the disk look like the groves are wrong way round?

I would of thought the groves would of wored better the other way round? bet I'm wrong mind lol

Last edited: