Apex & GTiR Parts/Development

Kev@Apex

I hope people will see that this isnt a "For Sale" thread, or blantant advert.

I've been thinking and researching what we can do for the GTiROC, and came with this list. I welcome comments :thumbsup: on what I should concentrate on, what is hard or expensive for you guys to get?

Parts we can supply or have manufactured:

Supply:

Pistons - Anything but mainly Wiseco, ACL and Wossner
Cometic
ACT clutches and flywheels
Walbro fuel pumps
Garrett turbo
Rods - Eagle, Crower, Tomei etc
ACL Duraglide and Race mains and big ends
Various brake components, discs, pads, fluids, hoses

Manufacture:

Cat back
Front pipes
Turbo elbows
Manifolds - See Below
Decat pipes
High flow cats
Decat silencers
Coilovers - Development started
Braided turbo lines
Silicon coolent, turbo hoses
Brake kits - See Below

K-Sport 330mm 8 Pot Brakes
I need somebody who is an accurate engineer to fill in this form, and I'll sort a big brake kit for the GTiR.
http://www.ksport.co.uk/pulsar/NewBrakeKit.jpg
http://www.ksport.co.uk/pulsar/RearBrakeKit.jpg
I cant stress how important that the dimensions need to be 100% accurate, so please only do this if your confident of your accurate skills and have the right tools. If 2 people could do the measurements independently and mail them to me it would help with making sure its right first time.

MANIFOLD

My suppliers already do a exhaust manifold for the Pulsar.

I need somebody to quickly test this for fit, and for this service I'll do it and a stupidly low price of £50 !! :hail:
However if I dont get feedback and pictures of it fitted by e-mail 14 days after I post it out I WILL charge your card a further £150. So please be aware of the terms, and only ask for it if you can fit it straight away.

Pics

O

Odin

Kev are those manifold ports round or oval ?.

It looks a lot like the 2 fast 2 cool manifold and that had round ports on the first batch, Which doesn't match the oval ports on the head.

Brake kit looks promising as well.

How about some K-sport 3D top mounts that also do castor ?, to go with the softer sprung version you are trying to sort out at the moment.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

youngsyp said:
Kev,

Out of interest, are the entry ports circular or ovalised ?

Already asked that :doh: , Wake up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I'll let you off I just noticed that we posted at the same time lol, Great minds HeHeHe

Rob

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
I was waiting for that.......... 7 minutes though, you're slacking Rob !! :lol:
Well I am getting on a bit now :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Kev@Apex

ashills said:
ill test it mate
and if u an get it to me fairly quickly ill get it on the car for totb
Just give me a bell :thumbsup: first to phone gets it.

01274 683633

Last edited:

Kev@Apex

They are more oval than round, you can sort of see in the last pic, I'm getting a pic to show you now.

We tend to up the wall thickness on manifolds we sell, to increase life/reduce cracking. They may come from similar places to other people but we have our own specs, this one is the "standard" spec, but if it all fits nicely we'll have our own manufactured.

Last edited:
O

Odin

KevD said:
They are more oval than round, you can sort of see in the last pic.

That's OK then, Fitted with an S15 steel gasket should see some good gains as long as they alreay have a proper 3" elbow fitted ;-) .

Rob

Kev@Apex

Odin said:
How about some K-sport 3D top mounts that also do castor ?
They fit very few turrets without modification, as they take up so much room. Not sure how they work on a Pulsar, I'll hunt for a pic of the turret top.

Bummed i missed the manifold as mine is currently off after cracking the standard one and just got my s15 gasket this morning:cry:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Odin said:
How about some K-sport 3D top mounts that also do castor ?, to go with the softer sprung version you are trying to sort out at the moment.
Failing that rob I'll sell you a highly sophisticated 10mm hole to rotate your top mount 45degs ;-)

On the K-sport IIRC the bottom has some camber adjustment so you wouldn't have to mod the strut as with Tien.

I'll market it as the 3D hole-a-mount :lol: :lol: :lol:

stumo

Jim, i'd charge £100 for the intelectual information on that hole.

Or better still sell it to MacLaren for millions....

Kev@Apex

Hub has been sent off to the factory for a brake kit to be developed :D
Cheers "the chief"
However could somebody provide me with the length of the OEM brake pipe?

Waiting on info back for the manifold.