Andy chan's engine problems - please help.........

Websnowbo

Oh! and another one! I sand blasted this guys block for a Cav GSI, took out all the core plugs etc and forgot to put em back in!! I rebuilt it and he fitted it only to find water and oil pissed out everywhere when he filled it up!! Classic moment..........lol

Mr GTiR

antilag said:
yes shot blasted to keep with the shiny engine bay theme maybe sum was left in the channels?
well we will find out on thur night when the sump is taken off.

if it's full of grit then i will scrap/break the car as it will cost too much to rebuild the engine as the block, crank, pistons, turbo, will be all fucked.... :cry:

Sweeny

Coxie said:
:roll: i presume the engine builder would have cleaned any internal grit when he stripped the engine down. :? :? :?
Andy mate, Not startin another little debate here but, whos job was it to clean all the grit out, the engine builder or the owner of the engine :?: , im sure you've seen the post by kieran, so you know the watchful eyes on this thread :twisted: .

I know you and the so called 'builder(s)' of the engine and I am good mates with you both. And I also know both sides of the story so far, i dont want to fall out with either of you over this but just think about the original agreement that was discussed mate.

Im sure it will all get sorted, but at your expense unfortunately :cry: .

But for god sake, as ive told you before, DONT GIVE UP OR SELL IT!

If you wanna discuss it more mate give me a ring, even if its for the fiver that i owe you if you think it will help :p .

Cheers.

James.

GINGA

Engines aren't normally shot blasted anyway there normally chemically cleaned for the very reasons above :shock:

Mr GTiR

GINGA said:
Engines aren't normally shot blasted anyway there normally chemically cleaned for the very reasons above :shock:
D'oh! i know that now :evil:

all i can do is wait and find out tomorrow night to see if the engine is fucked or not :?:

coxie

:cry: wish i hadnt of offered my help.just thought he would like the idea of it being so clean and he did.i have done shot blasting on around 12 engines now and all have been alright and still are. if it is something to do with the shot i can only presume some was left in somehow as all openings apart from blind bolt holes were covered up and protected.that meaning grit shouldnt have got inside.the blind bolt holes should then have been blown out with an airline. :? :(

Mr GTiR

Stu, i'm not blaiming anyone fella and certainly not you.

If it has gone tits up then it's my own fault so don't worry about it. All i can do is save up soime money for my next motor......Evo 6 :twisted:

Regards
Andy

Mr GTiR

well the good news is that no grit came out when the oil was drained.

but the bad news is that we still can't find where the knocking is coming from... :cry:

the rocker was taken off and the cams look shagged and on one of the lobs there are marks (sort of a blue colour and looks almost burn't ?). anyway looks like the only option is to have the engine pulled apart and rebuilt bottom end upwards. looks like i'll have to park the car up for another 6 months before i have the cash to get it done......bollocks!!

i was told there was a bronze tint in the oil that was drained off and was told this is not good :cry:

sorry to all the vultures but it looks like the bits are stayling on my car lol.

turblio

Well done Andy never give up mate just get it right next time I have decided to send mine into se nisstek they have just rebuilt my mates R
and its fine so fingers crossed
Frank

j10gtr

the rocker was taken off and the cams look shagged and on one of the lobs there are marks (sort of a blue colour and looks almost burn't ?).
where the spray bars clear of grit did you make sure the hole's where clear before reassembly??.

Thanks
Paul

Mr GTiR

j10gtr said:
the rocker was taken off and the cams look shagged and on one of the lobs there are marks (sort of a blue colour and looks almost burn't ?).
where the spray bars clear of grit did you make sure the hole's where clear before reassembly??.

Thanks
Paul
Paul, i don't know as i did not reassembly this section.... :cry:

just going to bite the bullet now and get it stripped and rebuilt buy a pro!

Sweeny

Is that a pro with a black evo by any chance or are you goin down a different route.

You want my cams mate :?: .

Cheers.

James.

Mr GTiR

yeah i want those cams to try try and elinimate my cams.

the 'black Evo' route has no where to do it and i need my car back before September or else i'm up shit creek!!

Don't know what to do atm :?