3" turbo elbows again ;-)

STU666V

A few more pictures,
About 24 hrs work, wife is getting onto me about diy!! so only getting a few hrs now and then.

Was looking at them tonight a i think i will do the next one a diffrent way? MK3

Must be an easier way to do the as this still took me over 2 days on the last one!!

STU666V

Dropping one off to Martyn tomorrow and the other one has a 2 1/2" 3 bolt flange and the next one will have a 3" flange.

STU666V

just wanna show a simple elbow made for my pulsar, need a little bit of fitting for now.
it will cost me less then 100$ cad (around 55 gbp) to do it.
i had to flatten the turn because of the alternator, so yes this is a reallyyyyy long elbow but turn verrryyy smooth at the same time
yes i'll grind the welding before putting it on.
2 flange + a long 3" - 90 degre elbow give this :

£55! looks fine for that money,
Well done for giving it a go ;-)

iomegalinux

but we don't see it, 3" is a little to large, because the 5 bolt flange, 3-4 bolt on it won't even screw, so i'll have to make space for them.
i see that you don't have to care with this on 2-1/2"

STU666V

Ok,
Was working out the prices tonight!!!

All parts stainless.

All prices are with delivery, Vat, duty etc
Turbo flange £31
oval to 3" adaptor £15
3" elbow £25
3 bolt 3" flange £25
Boss £7
3" pipe £5
Gas, rods, discs, electric etc £15

Total =£123
Time is aroud 2 days £67 = £2.79p per hr

Total price £190 +5 P+P

Works out an expensive elbow!!! Just not worth me doing them.

I have enough parts for 5 elbows and 2 might be sold?

If you want one give me a PM or just reply here.

Sorry it's so expensive,
Could maybe make carbon ones for £70 - £80 for the parts? but will make these 5 and have a re-think

I am getting a turbo sent up this week from my local pulsar dealer
to make sure they fit as i cant check them on my car.

Thanks

Last edited:

red reading

Ok,
Was working out the prices tonight!!!

All parts stainless.

All prices are with delivery, Vat, duty etc
Turbo flange £31
oval to 3" adaptor £15
3" elbow £25
3 bolt 3" flange £25
Boss £7
3" pipe £5
Gas, rods, discs, electric etc £15

Total =£123
Time is aroud 2 days £67 = £2.79p per hr

Total price £190 +5 P+P

Works out an expensive elbow!!! Just not worth me doing them.

I have enough parts for 5 elbows and 2 might be sold?

If you want one give me a PM or just reply here.

Sorry it's so expensive,
Could maybe make carbon ones for £70 - £80 for the parts? but will make these 5 and have a re-think

I am getting a turbo sent up this week from my local pulsar dealer
to make sure they fit as i cant check them on my car.

Thanks
That's why no one bothers to make them to sell stu, most pulsar owners think everything should cost 50p unfortunatley. on another note i'll be up in scotland in a few weeks time to see the isle of mull rally .

STU666V

That's why no one bothers to make them to sell stu, most pulsar owners think everything should cost 50p unfortunatley. on another note i'll be up in scotland in a few weeks time to see the isle of mull rally .
Aye Martyn was saying yesterday about the rally! quite fancy that my self?
Could take my party bus and have a shingdig;-)

Yes the elbows are a lot of money, Could sell them for £130 but no point, if i was in it for the money i would be better off working more hrs at work ;-)
Will need to think of something else? if i am needing this gearbox ;-)

red reading

not a bad idea on the bus!

3" down pipe/elbow (turbo to original cat position) will be better and worth £300 new all day long. you would'nt have to have such acute angles to make.

STU666V

not a bad idea on the bus!

3" down pipe/elbow (turbo to original cat position) will be better and worth £300 new all day long. you would'nt have to have such acute angles to make.
Would be quicker :roll: and easier, will get these elbows finished and take it from there.
Would be handy if i had a standard car to make them on? could just make a jig again? :doh:

iomegalinux

you're flange 3 and 5 bolt are very thick that's why they are not so cheap.
you could use normal exaust steel instead of SS, elbow would be half that price.

but one sure things it's that your elbow is heavy duty :) and can handle a lot of heat

P

pulsarboby

i agree with danny on this stu, your best off going for a sweeping elbow with a flange bolted to downpipe then youll flog them easily for £300.

£190 is expensive for an elbow (from an outsiders point of view) but i know how much works involved in making these things which is why we never bothered after i made my one, think i sold that on for £150 after i stripped my black car.
after you take in the painstaking hours it takes they are just not worth making once youve bought the materials.

STU666V

you're flange 3 and 5 bolt are very thick that's why they are not so cheap.
you could use normal exaust steel instead of SS, elbow would be half that price.

but one sure things it's that your elbow is heavy duty :) and can handle a lot of heat
Thanks,

Yes i might make a batch of carbon ones some time? I have found everything in carbon part from the oval to 3", would be a lot cheaper :)

STU666V

i agree with danny on this stu, your best off going for a sweeping elbow with a flange bolted to downpipe then youll flog them easily for £300.

£190 is expensive for an elbow (from an outsiders point of view) but i know how much works involved in making these things which is why we never bothered after i made my one, think i sold that on for £150 after i stripped my black car.
after you take in the painstaking hours it takes they are just not worth making once youve bought the materials.
Yes you could be right,
I will still finish them off and start on something else :)

Would be cheaper if i used the SX elbow but just dont like them! and look sh!te

You live and learn.

I think £190 is a bloody fair price, an exhaust builder would want far more.

I agree with both of Danny's points; people need to stop expecting things at ebay tat prices and an elbow/down pipe might be a better idea.

STU666V

I think £190 is a bloody fair price, an exhaust builder would want far more.

I agree with both of Danny's points; people need to stop expecting things at ebay tat prices and an elbow/down pipe might be a better idea.
Cheers,

When i have a bit of spare time i might look in to the down pipe?, probably spend a lot of time making a jig etc and someone else will start making them :)
Will see what happens.

Thanks for the comments