3" turbo elbows again ;-)

STU666V

Hi all,

Thought i would start an other thread on!!!!!!! turbo elbows ;-)
It started on this thread,
http://www.nissangtir.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35558

I am starting this thread to show what i am doing, prices of parts etc just to show i dont wont to rip people off but not making them for nothing.

I made a jig as you seen on the other thread and i am on MK1 elbow.
I bought a SX200 elbow, a 3" elbow and will need a lamda boss, this cost £50, £30 and £9 so far. So £89
I have spent about 14hrs so far on the jig and the first elbow!
I am thinking that modifying the sx elbow will take to long to look good?

Here is some of the parts i have cut off the elbow so far and you can see by the shapes it's hard to match up the 3" round elbow to the oval adaptor.

Its going to be very hard to weld in the tight bend but will get there.

I am getting there with it but very slow!

The plan after this one is to buy all the parts separate, this will cost more but will look better and will be easier to weld around and have been quoted for 316 elbows and not 304 stainless?
Cost for the parts will be around £100 to £110.

If people wont to post that they can make them for £50 and in a few hrs, on you go
Good luck (Post a picture of it)

M

markwashington

Just get shot of the aircon as it's only needed for about 2 minutes each year in this country and you won't have to make the elbow so complicated, hopefully it shouldn't take so long then. Lets be honest, putting your labour at a conservative £20 per hour, that's £260 plus £110 for parts, and people wonder why they cost so
much.

STU666V

Just get shot of the aircon as it's only needed for about 2 minutes each year in this country and you won't have to make the elbow so complicated, hopefully it shouldn't take so long then. Lets be honest, putting your labour at a conservative £20 per hour, that's £260 plus £110 for parts, and people wonder why they cost so
much.
Aye thats true, i could just make a elbow to fit the space but then people will need to mod there down pipe and i was trying to make a direct replacement elbow.
I might have a go at making just any old 3" elbow but unsure if anyone would want that?
£20 per hr! I am not a male prostitute :) just playing about in the garage. ( not playing with my self, before you say) :)

geoff pine

much.
)One of the reasons its so difficult is this obsession with a turbo elbow I just don't under stand it :lol: make the complete down pipe turbo to cat like a JANSPEED. Clearly !! we have number of competent welders on here who could make one why piss about with a dump pipe :frusty: :lol:;-)

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

think i made the first one of these around 3 years ago and it took me 2 days to make the bloody thing lol, i always said i would never make another

as geoff said it would be far better to make a swept elbow then weld a flange onto a fabbed downpipe so if you ever need to get at the back of the engine youve not got to remove the complete turbo and downpipe to gain access to anything at the rear

STU666V

think i made the first one of these around 3 years ago and it took me 2 days to make the bloody thing lol, i always said i would never make another

as geoff said it would be far better to make a swept elbow then weld a flange onto a fabbed downpipe so if you ever need to get at the back of the engine youve not got to remove the complete turbo and downpipe to gain access to anything at the rear
2 days is good! Think i took 2 weeks ;-)

I am just playing about in the garage as the weather is sh!te,
Was back out for a few hrs today,

Still waiting on a lambda boss for this one and i have ordered some parts for an other.
Might start the other one next weekend?

I could of spent a few more hrs cleaning up the welds etc but spent enough time on this one.

Cheers

Spikey

I can get the std car oh and most things. If your still after the flanges i may be able to get them done but need to know how many your after.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I don't think anyone really cares how rough the welds look if it fits and it works... I think it looks pretty good.

STU666V

I can get the std car oh and most things. If your still after the flanges i may be able to get them done but need to know how many your after.
Thanks

I have found a place in the uk that sell the turbo flanges and the oval to 3" adaptors, still looking for good 3 bolt 3" flanges in stainless.

STU666V

I have a std one and downpipe if needed
I will stick with the elbow at the moment, but might make a jig for a down pipe so i can make both?
Bobby tune might be better to make the down pipes as he makes long life exhausts and has pipe benders, flexi pipes etc will see if he is keen?

Thanks for the offer.

vss irvine

Aye, it went to a good home.

Would you have a standard car? that you can try it?
id be willing to stick the standard car on the rollers, get a print out.

then fit the elbow and do another dyno run?

be at the end of the month though..........