Wiscombe hillclimb

MarkTurbo

I was at Wiscombe again last weekend. I finished 6th out of 14 cars in my class on saturday, was about 0.8 secs off 3rd place and beat my personal best time so that was encouraging. Sunday was even better, i took the 3rd place trophy out of 14 cars again and lowered my personal best by a bit more 8)

The car is working really well now and there are places i know i can go faster but my tyres have seen better days so i'm looking forward to next year, i know theres a 43 sec run in the car so hopefully i can start pushing the top few drivers in the class a bit more.

Results and pictures:

http://fiveclubs.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2012ResultsSat.pdf

http://fiveclubs.org.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2012ResultsSun.pdf

http://www.teltphotography.com/H-010912-A4.aspx

MarkTurbo

Thanks Stu & everyone else 8) The last 2 or 3 events have made all the hard work i've put into the car earlier in the year worthwhile, the driver just needs to get his act together now :lol:

Lakeview, as Danny said we're classed as 2300cc because that's the actual capacity of our engines funnily enough :lol: Our class is for over 2600cc''s. Turbocharged & supercharged cars carry a 40% capacity increase so a 2000cc turbo car would actually be classed as a 2800cc, hope that makes sense ;-)

Just got one more event to go now at castle combe next month.

bracpan

Great result well done, especially doing a PB,,,good to see some names from the past on the list, Derrick Kessell is stilll doing well in his mini....43.02. I must admit the idea of re-doing mine is getting stronger all the time,,,,especially if I can get some deicent power in it. plus its a lot easier to push around...
Hope your last event goes well.

bracpan

Ooooops.....all of a sudden the Evo,s and Scoobys are the least of our problems. Hope you have a safe and succesfull day.

MarkTurbo

Thanks Phil, i've been told the GTR is around 600bhp so looks like the rest of us are competing for 2nd place :lol:

The weather is the other worry so i'll be taking another set of wheels with normal road tyres on incase its wet. This will be my last event of the year before i put the car away for winter, but as you've said before the new season will soon come around. It'll be time to swap 4 wheels for 2 and start putting the miles on the mountain bike, at least the fuel is cheaper :lol:

MarkTurbo

Turbo failure which was the last thing I expected to break considering its only done around 4000 miles :doh: It went about 5 secs into my first practice run! My car is jinxed at castle combe, I've done 5 sprints there and destroyed an engine, a gearbox, and now a turbo :evil:

He's just mark now, he is turbo less.
Maybe somebody should change my name on here to Mark Naturally Aspirated :lol:

bracpan

I am sorry to hear that, its a real downer especially after the year you have had. Lets all hope that 2013 will be a better year for competing Pulsars. Good luck hope you get is sorted ready for next year.
Phil

MarkTurbo

Thanks Phil.

I think we've both had a year we would rather forget, apart from a couple good results at wiscombe it's been a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. I'll just have to look on the positive side of things and use it as an excuse to make the car better, although a new turbo is going to use up a big chunk of next year's budget which could have been better spent on other thing's :doh:

bracpan

I know what you mean, we can both only work to small budjets and once something goes wrong thats usually the year buggered up.. I am flat out at the moment trying to fit my van/camper out ready for next year, its not easy having to use it for work every day, then I hope to get back to doing some Glas fibre work in the next few weeks to get back on course for 2013...will probably be my last year with the Pulsar so hope its a good one.

dencon

Mark. Do you think my Garrett GT 35/42R would be any good on your car. It easily pushed out 515bhp on my car but was too laggy. Martyn my mapper said it needed more capacity than 1998cc. With your much bigger engine, am wondering if it would be better.The turbo is like new. What flanges have you got.

Mad

Dencon, what spec is your turbo. Is it a turbo dynamics one and out of curiosity, what boost was that.

Cheers