wideband afr

rossdj1983

im looking at getting one, im wondering whats the one to go for?
also im no expert on these things, can someone explain to me how they work? and what the numbers actually maen?

Trip

Have a look at the PLX devices. I have the R-500 which can monitor/datalog 6 channels.

stumo

the lower the number (on the AFR meter) the faster your car is.

If it shows 10 then it's dead fast and if it shows higher than 15 then it's knackered

Trip

stumo said:
the lower the number (on the AFR meter) the faster your car is.

If it shows 10 then it's dead fast and if it shows higher than 15 then it's knackered
mine shows 9.9 .. does it make it faster then a 10 :-D

Trip

cheeky :x

joking apart..

The AFR is mainly used for tuning.. If you have one, just make sure it keeps below the 13's+/- when on boost. On the other hand anything below 10.5/11 is considered very rich and will give no advantage with regards to performance.

These numbers are my opinion.

C

Christian & Beccy

VEMS make a Wideband AFR meter which can be upgraded to include EGT. They are a great idea if you are into keeping an eye on how the car is running, though if it has been spec'd and tuned correctly, the gauge may just be an ornament!!

O

Odin

Bless :shock: Do you have a Christian & Beccy sun strip on your windscreen too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Are new members are getting just so cute these days :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

C

Christian & Beccy

LOL, cheeky bastid! I stick to the same name now across all the forums that I am a member on for consistency.

Luckily Beccy enjoys 350bhp per tonne 2wd just as much as I do!! ;)

P

pulsarboby

Mmmm! bobby n clare has a nice ring to it:lol:

or bobby n Christian sounds even better:fight2: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

Christian & Beccy said:
LOL, cheeky bastid! I stick to the same name now across all the forums that I am a member on for consistency.

Luckily Beccy enjoys 350bhp per tonne 2wd just as much as I do!! ;)

Sounds like you will be down the BLUE OYSTER BAR bumping and grinding with bobby before you know it fella :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

nice one robbie:-D :-D
but you know its just a matter of time before you pay me that visit with your bum chum mic:p
then the pair of you's will be having a bitch fight over who gets me:lol: :lol: but i may not want either of you by then, and may even be a hetrosexual homosapian as i cant wait round forever you know:lol:

O

Odin

Christian & Beccy said:
Yes, sounds like a plan. When is that?:thumbsup:

Well you sort out your date with bobby and I'll keep beccy occupied for you :thumbsup: .

So what other forums are you on ?, I've not seen you so I'm thinking it must be the saxo vts forum or the chav's R us Nova forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

And Blobby Mic the one for you fella ;-), He loves a bit of oily sausage you know :shock: :yuck: .

Rob

C

Christian & Beccy

ashills said:
so uve finally realised fords are poo and your gonna buy a gtir LOL
LOL. Once I get bored of the adrenaline rush I get from my 350bhp FWD Ford, maybe!!;-)

However, for grip, I tend to jump in Gary's 600bhp Evo.:twisted:

O

Odin

Christian & Beccy said:
Odin, I assume you are the in-house comedian??!!

Me :shock: never :lol: :lol: :lol: , I'm just a bored house wife ;-) :lol: .

It's good to have you on the site fella, even if you do drive a FORD :yuck: :-D .

Rob