wide arch kit how to!!!

P

pulsarboby

lol whats a woop de woop:lol:

no more pics yet as i busted my camera today:sad: but il get some more later

P

pulsarboby

lol yeah i thought 1-2 days tops and it would all be done....no way ended up a 3 day job:doh::lol:
theres serious issues with the fitment on some of them panels thats for sure!

How do you flat painted areas down?
get some 1200 wet n dry, bar of soap and bucket of water, wrap the 1200 in a rubbing block or small sponge (like you get from supermarket for washing up) then soak the panel and rub the bar of soap over it then rub the panel down 'being very carefull of edges' as paint comes off thes very easily!
lightly rub over the panel untill theres no shine left on it so its completely flat and matt looking.
then compound the panel with g3 or similar fareclay then polish it.
it will then come out with a perfect flat shine and no orangepeel effect!

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pulsarboby

id go with 2000, or if you flash use a sander and a trizac pad

whats that then? never even heard of one:?

then again im not a panel beater or sprayer, just something i was taught years back by a painter, after i fcuked up my first spray job i ever did:lol:

GTiR-Aholic

lol i remember my first spray job.. tried respraying my second R using my uncles spray booth 1 nite, he came in next morning and said it looked like I sandblasted the car.. yet when I left that nite i didn't think i did too bad!! :$ lol. Live & learn ey.. i hate flatting though, kills my arms!

P

pulsarboby

yep if needed il give you person to contact for rears the fronts i can get myself and the rear bumper i have if you wanna buy that as i never used it, ive got 2 front wings in stock at the mo as spare for my shitter

steve963

lol yeah i thought 1-2 days tops and it would all be done....no way ended up a 3 day job:doh::lol:
theres serious issues with the fitment on some of them panels thats for sure!

get some 1200 wet n dry, bar of soap and bucket of water, wrap the 1200 in a rubbing block or small sponge (like you get from supermarket for washing up) then soak the panel and rub the bar of soap over it then rub the panel down 'being very carefull of edges' as paint comes off thes very easily!
lightly rub over the panel untill theres no shine left on it so its completely flat and matt looking.
then compound the panel with g3 or similar fareclay then polish it.
it will then come out with a perfect flat shine and no orangepeel effect!

Nice one, gettin a flat bonnet over weekend, ill post up how my spraying goes

P

pulsarboby

yeah just take your time with it steve and im sure youll do a good job it aint hard.
dont matter if your sprayings a bit crap, flatting it down will sort that out for you, but the better your spraying is then the less rubbing you have to do.