whiteline rear bar

Nad

Will post picture up tomoz as host is playing up atm, been trying for last hour.

Nad

O

Odin

I just got this answer from Ian townsend at whiteline.

Rob how are you again.
The link kit you require is a KLS090B it will cost you
$63.54 plus post.You could put the no in the web store and check the
freight.
I am not familiar with the company you purchased the bar
off.If it was one of our bars it would have been a BNR13Z and it should
have come with links maybe you should contact the supplier and
enquire.Be in touchRegards
Ian Townsend
ian@whiteline.com.au
Go Flatout with Whiteline Automotive at www.whiteline.com.au
Buy online at www.whiteline.com.au/store

rob

E

Edd

vpulsar said:
off.
that's cos as i proved a long time ago Powerstation are the sole importers and SRB buy from Powerstation :wink:

however powerstatin wanted more for the ARB than SRB hence why i bought it off them :roll: :(

O

Odin

That's all well and good homo but it doesn't tell me why SRB did not send the links with my bar as the standard one are no good as it's plane to see.

rob

youngsyp

Just out of interest, I put the part no in that the guy from Whiteline states is the one you need. This is for the N14 Pulsar 16-20mm. However, the correct part for the N14 Pulsar GTi-R, according to the web store, is the BNR23Z. This is 18-22mm, I guess adjustability ?!. Confusion rains and we all got wet :wink: :D

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Rob,

did you ever bottom this. I'm about to fit the adjustable ARB I bought of another member and though I've not actually had a go yet, I was looking at the old drop links and questioning if they were too worn which is why I did the search.....

That's right new users, what do I need for 1Bar etc, I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION AND IT WORKS.

and came up with this.

Cheers,
Jim.

O

Odin

O k Jim.

It all worked out ok in the end, I have it all fitted now and seems to work ok, It looks alot better once you have it back down on the ground again :wink: , I did buy new links from nissan though as I wanted everything to be new.

When you fit this bar you will probley see what I was on about with the links :wink: .

rob

Keira

campbellju said:
That's right new users, what do I need for 1Bar etc, I USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION AND IT WORKS.
they'll all be confused now though you've put 1 bar in a thread about arb's :roll:

just to clear it up before anyone asks you wont need new drop links when going to 1 bar boost :wink: :lol:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
kieron said:
they'll all be confused now though you've put 1 bar in a thread about arb's :roll:

just to clear it up before anyone asks you wont need new drop links when going to 1 bar boost :wink: :lol:
If only it were true :lol: :lol:

Rob, how much were you're drop links from Nissan as I was thinking the same thing when I looked at mine

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
skiddusmarkus said:
The droplinks are around £15 each I think.My pineapple rings are set for all round performance.
I thought it would be about this much. Did you replace them Simon? My bars are straight as a die but the ball joints at either ends have no stiffness. I'm thinking in my own mind that though its not ideal, mechanically it will make little difference to the way the ARB pushes the forces around.

Thoughts anyone??

O

Odin

I thought that they must work better if there nice and tight rather than like a soho hooker's snatch :shock: :wink: .

rob

bopper

sorry to bring an old post up but is that right that your meant to get the drop links as part of the whiteline kit??

Animaldaz

I recently bought one of these and didnt get new links, just the D bushes and brackets. Im sure ive read another thread about the standard links not looking right when the car is off the ground but settle in when the weight is on. Im yet to fit mine so cant so for certain.

Trondelond

Wasn't there a pic somewhere in this thread? Can't find it anymore.. :|

Fitted the rear bar yesterday, and I'm wondering if the droplink "joints" are supposed to be on the outside or inside of the bar? In terms of the angle of the droplink it didn't seem to make much difference when the car was jacked up.

Trondelond

Odin said:
I just got this answer from Ian townsend at whiteline.

Rob how are you again.
The link kit you require is a KLS090B it will cost you
$63.54 plus post.You could put the no in the web store and check the
freight.
off.If it was one of our bars it would have been a BNR13Z and it should
have come with links maybe you should contact the supplier and
enquire.Be in touchRegards
Ian Townsend
ian@whiteline.com.au
Go Flatout with Whiteline Automotive at www.whiteline.com.au
Buy online at www.whiteline.com.au/store

rob
I asked about that link, and I thought I'd share some info - here's the reply :
This seems quite odd as according to our data, BNR23Z should fit with
your OE links staying vertical.

Part number KLS090B is a single eye link kit which may adapt but
probably not fix the problem.

To assist further please forward some photos.

Regards
John Leighton
Technical / Customer Service
But the original post states a BNR13Z? Typo?