whiteline rear bar

O

Odin

hi as anybody got a pic of one of these fitted please as I'm fitting mine at the moment and I'd just like to check which way the links fit.

rob

Keira

you on about the arb ?

Have a look at the home page, in the how to theres a run down of whats involved with fitting the handling kit with pictures.

zia

you carn,t get it wrong the links worn,t line up with arb if it,s upside down :p there's two bend on arb they should be at the bottom

zia

O

Odin

Yep I know all that I just don't like the angle of the links when fitted that's all. :wink:

rob

A

ard1ey

A long while back I'm sure there was a post on the Whiteline Yahoo group about the angle of the drop links and what could be done - I think their solution was to cut a lump out of the drop link and weld it back together :shock:

What holes are you using, soft, harder or hardest?

O

Odin

Nad said:
I take it the pic under members section of my car is of no help??

Nad
Thanks Nad but know it's not as I can't see the drop links in that pic.

cheers anyway mate :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

ard1ey said:
What holes are you using, soft, harder or hardest?

I'm useing the middle hole's :wink: .

The link's just seem to be a the wrong agle to me :cry: .

rob

A

ard1ey

Know what you mean, mine's on the innermost holes and the links are well wonky. Here's Whitelines response (from March 2000 tho!)
We are aware that the N14 links are quite a bit too long. And the Nissan Swaybar is also too long. Both of these are exaggerated when one lowers the car.
We make our swaybar a slightly shorter in the arms to try to fix this. The shorter arms are better BUT we believe that the link needs to be quite a bit shorter as well.

We have a N14 coming in to our factory next week We have put aside some R&D time to see what we can do about the problem.
Will let you know how we go.

In the meantime you can shorten your existing links by cutting a section out of the centre section and welding a snug fitting tube over the 2 remaining pieces to rejoin and strengthen them.
It wasn't me who posted the question so I've no idea if anything was ever done.

Nad

Which bits are u on about, u have totally lost me. Does mine look wierd or something??

Nad

M

Muppet

strange this is mentionned as I have just fitted their non adjustable arb on mine and Rob went for the adjustable arb and mine fitted perfect exactly the same shape as the std but just thicker yet robs seems as though it was too wide and made the drop links look like they are at the wrong angle. We thought they had sent the wrong one.

regards muppet

O

Odin

This is the reply I got from Ian townsend at whiteline.

Rob how are you again.
With the rear adjustable bar on the N14 pulsar you should have got
single eye link 90mm wich is measured from the centre of the thread to
centre of the eye.I have had a look on the web site and this seems to
fit ok.could you check the length of the link and make sure we have
supplied the right one.Regards
Ian Townsend
ian@whiteline.com.au
Go Flatout with Whiteline Automotive at www.whiteline.com.au
Buy online at www.whiteline.com.au/store

hope this helps.

rob

nismoboy

vpulsar said:
This is the reply I got from Ian townsend at whiteline.

Rob how are you again.
With the rear adjustable bar on the N14 pulsar you should have got
single eye link 90mm wich is measured from the centre of the thread to
centre of the eye.I have had a look on the web site and this seems to
fit ok.could you check the length of the link and make sure we have
supplied the right one.Regards
Ian Townsend
ian@whiteline.com.au
Go Flatout with Whiteline Automotive at www.whiteline.com.au
Buy online at www.whiteline.com.au/store

hope this helps.

rob
would u reccomend getting the non adjustable version then?

O

Odin

I couldn't say matey :? .......

I'd still go for the adjustable one myself as it give's you more option's in the future to play about with your setting's :wink: , I'll just have to try and fix this link problem that's all, It should't be that much of a problem
to fix.......

rob

Nad

Better go have a look at mine......although I just got the subframe lock kit and what it does is pretty interesting 8)

Nad

O

Odin

Nad said:
Better go have a look at mine......although I just got the subframe lock kit and what it does is pretty interesting 8)

Nad
Yes I have that fitted as well :wink: I'm not sure as to how good it is as I have it fitted for best handleing and it just bolts to the underneath of the subframe where as you can have it fitted above the subframe for drifting
or draging.

rob

Nad

If i cant afford the rear diff will set it up for drifting to bring the back round 8)

Nad