What have you done with your pulsar today?

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Today, I finally got an MOT after 11 years off the road. I'm still slightly surprised. A couple of minor tidy up jobs the mechanic spotted but nothing significant so no advisories. I just need to sort insurance now and can start to run the engine in.

Cathode

Wow!! This is exciting! 11 years Campbell, 11 years!!! Its incredible that it past an mot. I’m really pleased for you. Just in time to play in the nicer weather on the way. Awesome stuff.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Wow!! This is exciting! 11 years Campbell, 11 years!!! Its incredible that it past an mot. I’m really pleased for you. Just in time to play in the nicer weather on the way. Awesome stuff.
Thanks Cathode. I moved house in the middle so I'm pleased it finally got done.

geoff pine

what an amazing place Japan was i was down for going back again early in 2018 but sadly was still having test so could not get travel insurance . Im due to have my second covid jab 12 April so hoping to be able to travel once the shielding is lifted got family and friends to vision the north west.If there's a north west meet will try to get to that not seen agtir since my own drove up the road February 2020.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
@Geoff, as you know, a GtiR at a NW meet has been optional for a long time :)
If you're coming up to the North West once we're all vaccinated, let us know and we can organise something

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Between getting the MOT and now I've been dealing with a load of "life" stuff so no time for the Pulsar.

Got a quote for insurance yesterday of £620 with my current broker all mods declared.
Insurance broker, "Any modifications?" Me, "All of them" :laughing:

Mad busy this weekend so going to get it on the road for August and start to run it in. I might then have something to contribute again!

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Got a quote for insurance yesterday of £620 with my current broker all mods declared.
Insurance broker, "Any modifications?" Me, "All of them" :laughing:
Have you tried classic insurance, I got mine quoted for £245 with 90% of my mods declared!

That unlimited mileage too!

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Have you got a link Andy? I'm Classicline which I think is different. I found a classiccarinsurance and a few others relating to classic car and insurance.

I'm going to insure from 1st August so still time to look around.

Eng1

I’m sure peter James was who I used for a classic policy on my Gtir last time I insured it , £150 a year ,
But I remember they were changing or had just had a rule that you had to be a member of a car club that they affiliated to - I had to send my membership number for the Jaguar enthusiast club that I was a member of