What boost are you running on your GT3071R?

billy187

Was just curious to see what sort of boost levels people are running on their 3071r and what sort of power the car made? Would be even better if people could upload some dyno graphs :thumbsup:

billy187

Heres the graphs for a car that we recently had mapped on a 3071r with a 4" inlet, spec is fully forged hiteq engine with hks cams and full 3" custom exhaust including the elbow. Running 1.4bar as high boost, power figures are at the wheel so on 22% transmission loss works out to be 354.7bhp at the flywheel.

gtir_pimp

im no expert but fusion ed mapped my car on friday and got 320bhp at 1bar with standard internals and turbo! more to come but i wanted it to be very safe. you should get him to do your mapping

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Looking at your print outs I would say there is probably nothing wrong with your mapping.

AFR's come down nicely from a normal economy level around 14.7 to 12.4 on boost. Given you are only running just above 1bar this is good.

The problem seems to be your boost spikes to at best 1.4Bar but then drops down to 1.1Bar. So 350hp at 1.1Bar sounds about right.

If mapping is done properly it can mask electronic or mechanical issues which is what you might be seeing here.

Do you have a mechanical boost gauge so you can see what manifold pressure you really have whilst driving?

Your boost controller could be playing up or you could have a boost leak which is why the boost spikes and then settles back to a lower level?

Animaldaz

im no expert but fusion ed mapped my car on friday and got 320bhp at 1bar with standard internals and turbo! more to come but i wanted it to be very safe. you should get him to do your mapping
What other mods have you got? Is that using a nisstek?

billy187

No mechanical boost gauge in this car yet which is a shame as i guess that would give a clearer indication.

The dyno was done on all 3 settings on the avcr, the first being 1.1bar, then 1.2 and 1.4bar which is shown with the 3 different colours.

gtir_pimp

walboro pump, mongoose exhaust, autobahn FMIC, greddy boost controller, z32, 550cc injectors and pulsarbobys home made turbo elbow. my ecu allready had a daughterboard that ed could map, but i would of used one of his ecus which i think are nistune. my fuel pressure was a bit low too so there is more to come if needed.

Fusion Ed

IMO, Imran your ignition curve needs looking at. Other than the initial boost spike which can be common on 3071 as they spool so fast after that the ignition curve should be very smooth, and its not that great, ok its not bad but it could be a bit better. Its also really flat power curve and the torque drops off really quickly, which would imply that boost may be falling off, but if you look at your boost curve its not. So again either ignition or something is stuffing your engine and it cannot breathe properly. I am again more inclined to think ignition related since each step up in boost results in a fairly consistent increase in power. If it wasn't then that would be an indicator again it cannot breathe properly.

I want to add again these are simply little pointers, its not that bad and will be safe - every car is different etc..

Fusion Ed

I couldn't tell without looking at it properly. Which I wouldn't recommend tbh, as really you should go to cpr if your not happy.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
No mechanical boost gauge in this car yet which is a shame as i guess that would give a clearer indication.

The dyno was done on all 3 settings on the avcr, the first being 1.1bar, then 1.2 and 1.4bar which is shown with the 3 different colours.
I guessed that much but there are 14.5 psi to 1 bar. and each of the settings spike to the specified amount and then drop back. The 1.1Bar only drops back a little but the 1.4Bar drops back to 1.15 bar.

What Ed says about your ignition curve could be right too as your hp curve is a bit lifeless past 5.5K

Assuming what you show is correct then you are not holding the boost you think you are.

Last edited:

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Below is my last dyno plot. Ignore the HP reading as there was something not quite right on the day. Its probably about 10% high based on the duty of my 750cc injectors. It could be 12 or it could be 8 but I'm not fussed, the ignition and fuel were optimised by me so I know they are good and the dyno plot is smooth. My car uses the .64a/r so just holds 1.9bar to 6.3K and then starts to drop off. Notice how if you compare this to yours at 4.5K yours hits a wall and at 5.5K it does very little whilst my hp keeps climbing even though my torque is dropping. This could be IGN but your car also shows the lowest manifold pressure from 6K to 6.5K when you should be getting peak hp.

As Ed says, start with whoever mapped the car as they will know what they saw.

th3k3ymast3r

351BHP/298WHP/313lb-ft@5000RPM Boost at 1.2bar
Stock internals/Motec ECU/MSD Ignition+HVC Coil/800cc SaRD injectors+FPR/PAR Gearset-Flywheel-Clutch/Prothane Engine Mounts/Swirl Pot+Walbro Fuel Pump. GT3071R-WG .86AR