Wanted smart reliable pulsar!

John

no one got any thing? keep checking ebay, pistonheads, autotrader, nissan gtiroc, but nothing anygood, any other sites i can look at???? thanks
At your price range I dont think your ever going to get a proper mechanically sound or mint bodied car.

I would still say Bob is the man to talk to, im sure if you could stretch to 3k you could pick up a decent motor.

P

pulsarboby

il have one later this week also, but will check car over before it goes up for sale.
il pm you details when ive collected it as ive lost the text you sent me as i ran over my phone:lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
im lost could you please explain !!
I just meant that it's almost as though you'd had a look and found one for sale in the right price range... Seek and ye shall find!?

whos best to try? i did email one company last night, but havnt a reply yet, whats it usually cost to import them?
I did cost this at one point, but I've forgotten now.
There are essentially two ways to go; you buy one they've already imported and have in stock - I'd guess they'd ask about £5000.
You find one in the Japanese auctions, get an agent to bid and buy for you... but then you need to pay the auction fees, and the shipping, and the import duty... THEN the VAT on that (sneaky b@stards)... then your on road costs to get it registered. - The car will be cheaper, but all those extra costs will add-up.

There's bound to be someone who's already imported one and can give you real figures.

Last edited:

mprice501

i spose the best ones to buy are Pulsars that are already in the UK and its owners have looked after them for years or fresh imports because they have low miles, unmodified and have probably been sitting in a warehouse for 10 years in Japan doing nothing, they must have some weird laws over there.

JIMMYBACK

a mint pulsar for £2400 are you having a laugh!!!!
miles do not mean anything on a pulsar, on a normal road going vehicle maybe
a min 3k might get a you fairly decent car but only if you extra nice to uncle boby

geoff pine

i spose the best ones to buy are Pulsars that are already in the UK and its owners have looked after them for years or fresh imports because they have low miles, unmodified and have probably been sitting in a warehouse for 10 years in Japan doing nothing, they must have some weird laws over there.
Or more likely they have been put back to standard in japan then thrown in the auctions .

R

riske

2 words... Good luck

as many have said your pushing your luck mate at £3k let alone £2.5k.

harrytoe

2 words... Good luck

as many have said your pushing your luck mate at £3k let alone £2.5k.
I was selling my good condition reliable pulsar for £2850 which is no dog by far but i've had nothing but time wasters phoning me up so decided to keep it for now. Perhaps it was advertised too cheap :?

warringtonjack

I was selling my good condition reliable pulsar for £2850 which is no dog by far but i've had nothing but time wasters phoning me up so decided to keep it for now. Perhaps it was advertised too cheap :?
Exactly, whoever thinks they're gonna get a decent pulsar for 2.5 - 3k is a gypo. No offence to anybody intended of course. :roll:

saddler

Is this thread still going on,,:shock: its plainly obvious this lad wants a pearl for pigs money..

culzwright

thanks too all the people that are helping me find a pulsar, but all the other people telling me im dreaming isnt really helping! i havnt said im after a minter! just one thats not a complete dog!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
We're not saying that you're dreaming; just that you need to decide what problems you're prepared to accept for that money.
The issue is finding both smart and reliable in your budget; you can probably have smart or reliable - the previous owner will either have kept the body in great shape (but maybe the engine is in need of a rebuild)... or the engine is sweet, but the panels are rusting.
If it's any consolation, I went down the latter route; I need to replace my rear arches, my front bumper is cracked, my skirts are damaged, I've replaced both wishbones... but the engine and turbo were rebuilt not that long ago, and have never missed a beat.

P

pulsarboby

and why why why ask what mileage its done:doh::lol: these cars are knocking on for 20 years old with numerous clock changes, wound back clocks, engine changes, gearbox changes etc etc.
yet people still ask 'whats the mileage' next time someone asks me im gonna say..... its whateveer you want it to be, what would you like maybe 48000!!!:lol:

its how a car runs what people should be interested in surely, or perhaps im just a complete and utter loony whos got it all wrong:roll::lol:

P

pulsarboby

got one thats pretty much standard and in pretty good nick and ive another rb model that needs a clutch fitted (which ive not had a chance to do yet), this has a forged engine too (see mikeypulsars thread as it was his car)

not one has covered more than 10k miles in its lifetime:-D