TOTB VI, 29th July, Elvington airfield

LOU ROB

frp said:
looked like an ace launch, my mate believes it was 1.5something 60ft :thumbsup:
Fair play to Mo, it was a cracking launch and lovely gear changes.

Congratulations to him and well done to Soggy.

ChrisS

were you there lou? Didnt see you about.

Just goes to show whats possible, 3071 turbo running a fairly steady 1.7 bar. Quaife and os twin plate which have had their fair share of slatings, not stripped out to ridiculous levels and an engine build thats been in the car for 5 years.

Mr GTiR

Fast Guy said:
Nope. I've been waiting 5 years to see this 10sec run and missed the bloody thing:frusty:
I saw Mo comingback from that run and the first thing i do is ring Carl as i knew he would have filmed it :doh: Thank god Lou was around to film it :thumbsup:

Well done to Mo and Soggy for running in Team GTiR and getting very good times 8) Soggy even manged a personal best of 11.6 8)

Keira

does anyone know mo's 60ft ? must be good,

i heard he did 122mph at the 1/4 which equates to 400odd bhp.

cracking to see him put one in as he's one of the only guys that makes it there consistently, real shame si couldn't make it though

R-Type

Thanks to everyone who supported me & Mo today (bit daunting when your the only 2 Gtir's competing).

Mo's best time was 10.91 @ 124 mph with 1.600 sec 60/ft.....As ChrisS states not bad for a "common" 3071 turbo running @ 1.8 bar.

My best time was 11.66 @ 118 mph with 1.610 sec 60/ft....I'm running an old style sleeve bearing Greddy TD06 17c turbo, running @ 1.4 bar in 4th across the line!! Really happy with this time as I was only there to make up the numbers!

Commiserations to all the "big" players that couldn't make for whatever reason.....
Mo has now set the standard for a UK road legal Gtir, get your asses into gear & let's get the "bigger" boys looking over their shoulders!

R-Type

MarkTurbo said:
Well done to both of you :thumbsup: How did you guys do on the handling course?
Cheers Mark

I think Mo managed only 1 run on the handling course but his car wasn't running right at that point.

First time i've ever been on a handling/track course of any sort......boy was it fun!
I managed to get 4 runs in but was hampered by understeer & then corrected to powersliding oversteer.....was using Toyo Proxes T1s's but found them way too slippery for the concrete surface, R888 or the like would have been much better.
Think I did a time of @ 43 secs.

MarkTurbo

R-Type said:
Cheers Mark

I think Mo managed only 1 run on the handling course but his car wasn't running right at that point.

First time i've ever been on a handling/track course of any sort......boy was it fun!
I managed to get 4 runs in but was hampered by understeer & then corrected to powersliding oversteer.....was using Toyo Proxes T1s's but found them way too slippery for the concrete surface, R888 or the like would have been much better.
Think I did a time of @ 43 secs.
Thats fair enough then, at least you both had a go 8) :thumbsup:

Gutted for Si with his car breaking at the last minute :sad: Even with him though that would only have been 3 cars running, what happened to everyone else? Only managing to get 3 cars to an event like this is a bit p1ss poor really :der:

Keira

R-Type said:
Sure did.
cool..8)

the people that i spoke to that were there weren't sure, which is a credit to andy's work.

send him my congrats, i did text him but not sure if he's on the same number.

Keira

MarkTurbo said:
Gutted for Si with his car breaking at the last minute :sad:
at least it gives me and allen endless abuse possibilities about him being a defeatest and letting the south down :lol: we could've got that off and sorted by saturday afternoon.

although i'd expect to hear the words

'go fook yourself'

as he was just sick to death of the thing after working hard all week getting things changed and re-mapped.