Those pipes from throttle bodys to rocker cover

zia

i think this topic has been done to death, so time to move on. weather you want to do this mod is down to the indiviual it's your car at the end of day and you can choose whatever you want in that regard.

zia

ashills

it contains a wire mesh which u can just about reach from one end
i dragged it out on mine and it was full of crap so next time a few of u have ur rocker cover off maybe worth checking and seeing if uve got any trees growing in there lol

MarkTurbo

I've decided to try and find out for sure if oil can enter the inlets through these pipes. The inside of my manifold is spotless at the moment from when i cleaned it before i put my engine back together so i'm going to put those pipes back on and give it about 1000 miles or so and then see if any oil gets in.

I've already got a catch tank on the end of the rocker cover-turbo inlet pipe so if any does get in i'll know where its come from.

At least then we should have an answer about whether oil can get in through them or not :wink:

turblio

MarkTurbo said:
I've decided to try and find out for sure if oil can enter the inlets through these pipes. The inside of my manifold is spotless at the moment from when i cleaned it before i put my engine back together so i'm going to put those pipes back on and give it about 1000 miles or so and then see if any oil gets in.

I've already got a catch tank on the end of the rocker cover-turbo inlet pipe so if any does get in i'll know where its come from.

At least then we should have an answer about whether oil can get in through them or not :wink:
I have just done that with mine it was rebuilt 2200 miles ago and is bone dry
in the inlets...

JU5TY

ashills said:
it contains a wire mesh which u can just about reach from one end
Yep, I took mine apart to clean it. Here are the pics, you can see the wire mesh.

A week of cleaning... :wink: