Starting up an engine thats been stoo a long time

skiddusmarkus

Secured the battery in new position and moved earthing point to a bolt hole on the reararch that was for the seatbelts, swapped injectors over for OE ones again, got headlights working.
All is now good except the horn doesn't work.When i press it I can hear a relay ticking but no beep.I guess the earth needs cleaning up or something.Depending what time I finish work I'll try get it MOTed tomorrow.
Also, I can hear a loud whining noise thats sounds like its coming from the power steering pulley.Do the bearings tend to go on these?

skiddusmarkus

Took the car for the MOT and unsurprisingly it failed.It needs 2 new brake pipes and a trackrod end.Not bad for a 20 year old shitbox really.Been quoted £45 to replace each brake pipe and £25 to swap the trackrod end.Seems fairly reasonable to me.

When I drove it the steering was absolutely attrocious, felt as if the geometry was all out.When I pulled into the garage he could hear the PS pump whining immeditatley and put some more fluid in which quietened it down to normal levels.On the drive back it was still jerking the wheel a little but not so much as before.

Obviously I didn't boot it, but the engine feels incredibly strong.Can't wait to open it up properly when everything is sorted.