Speedo request and question

Garef

Does anyone have a picture of the circuit board at the rear of the speedo and rev counter? I managed to source the problem for my speedo not working. A yellow wire on the back had come loose, I managed to solder (I think that won't effect it) it back onto the board, it now works, however it is very jumpy and way way off the correct speed, doing about 40 it says i'm doing 70. Do you think it might have reset it back to KMH, os is this even possible, any help and the pic to make sure I connected it together again properly would be much appreciated. Thanks.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Garef said:
however it is very jumpy and way way off the correct speed, doing about 40 it says i'm doing 70. Do you think it might have reset it back to KMH, os is this even possible
Lmao I have the issue also, jumps to 70mph when I set off from the lights when doing 30mph, but if you notice it will stay at 70mph all the way up the speed range ;-)

Been meaning to pull the unit apart for about a year and find out the reason why it keeps doing that. Not 100% convinced that it’s the speed delimiter/kph box.
Keep us posted whether you find out whats causing it? ;-)