Speedo problem

Garef

Speedo is not working, it's been working fine since I got the car, doesn't jump or anything, just stopped working today, however it was working in the afternoon, but at night I was on my way out was driving along a road only two mins from my house and I hit a massive pothole, worst one yet, it was only a few mintues after that that I noticed the speedo wasn't working, however I don't know if it was like this before the pothole or only after.

I read in a post when doing some searching Pulsarboy had mentioned something about a plug on the transfer box, would this be the best bet or you think it would be something else.

Oh and if anyone has a picture of the plug on the trasnfer box can you throw it up so I know exactly what I'm looking for.

Cheers.

Braveheart

gunmetalgtir said:
Could be a faulty delimiter.
Faulty delimiter or poor connections at the back of the speedo onto the circuit board.
Sometimes the delimiter wires are just rapped around the small screws where it would be better to solder them onto the board by cleaning up the copper next to the screws.

Last edited:

Garef

Just to add to this, my mileage thing isn't working either, does that help shed any light on the situation.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Garef said:
Just to add to this, my mileage thing isn't working either, does that help shed any light on the situation.
Same symptoms as mine.

Also a speedo needle that wags like a Jack Russell’s tails and it diplaying your speed spot on 70mph when it’s more like 25-40mph

Jamaala1

I still trying to familiarize myself with the R, but these symptons sound like a faulty Vss sensor (Vehicle Speed Sensor). The tunning guru's could provide more input