speedo converter/de-limiter

V

vlowe

I have tried installing a speedo converter , its a 5 wire KBTV one from ebay.

Red- 12V+
Black - Earth
Green - Signal Out
Yellow - Signal In
Grey - Unused

I have cut into the Green signal wire on the center connector on the back of the clocks and attached yellow wire to the loom end and green wire on the connector end as per instructions.

If i run the car now it works but still in kph

As soon as i connect the power and earth wires the speedo reads 0. My avc-r also reads 0 kph and thats connected at the ecu?

I have a mines ecu (already de-limited) my avc-r is spliced in just after the ecu plug.

I have emailed the supplier and told him whats going on, basically he said it should work, send it back for a rufund if you can'y get it going :doh:

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it?
Or has onyone with a mines ECU got a converter working at all? or could the avc-r affect it? (should i splice it in befor the avc-r instead of behind the clocks?)

V

vlowe

yea i read that mate, im pretty confident it was all wired up correctly. seems odd that it works until it got power and it sent a signal back down to the avc-r (ecu) to make it read 0kph.

Thinking its probably the Mines ECU?

frp

silly question have you checked you have power to the unit? i fitted mine as per the instructions didnt work! then checked for power and nothing. gave it power still nothing. then i checked all the connections some didnt look to good so stripped all the wires started again soldered everything ad now she works.

good luck

steve

V

vlowe

cheers mate, might be worth another go.

Where did you take power from?

V

vlowe

Got it working, wired it all in again and nothing happened but then i turned the lights on and it sprung into life! what a dickhead! I need to find a better power source asap.

V

vlowe

yep cheers buddy!

Where can i get power from behind the clocks so i don't have to drive around with lights on? :p

frp

cant remember of the top of my head. just test for a live wire or alternatively run a wire from a source you know to be ok. hope you get it sorted.

steve