spark plugs

youngsyp

kenan said:
They aren't the iridium plugs.

I got mine from http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/, they were the BKR8EIX
Yep, these guys offer the best prices and a great service.

To echo Fastguy's comments, these plugs are designed to last 40000 miles. That's why they use the iridium conductor tips. Also, as the tip can be smaller with the iridium material, they should be slightly more efficient that the platinum alternatives due to spark intensity.

Paul

Fusion Ed

Guarantee that you'll get better results with the plugs Allen suggested.... exotic materials are all very well and they may last longer, but they definitely are not as good as I have seen time and time again.

youngsyp

kenan said:
Didn't know they would last that long :shock:
They dont but, will last longer than non platinum or iridium tipped plugs. You'll probablt get 20k miles max out of a good set, if you drive at all spiritedly.

Paul

youngsyp

Micra Ed said:
Guarantee that you'll get better results with the plugs Allen suggested....
Ed,

Can you quantify that statement ?

Paul

Just to add, if you go for a set of the plugs that Allen mentioned, they'll cost you a grand total of £9.87, to your door, from www.sparkplugs.co.uk ! ;-)

Last edited:

turboloon

youngsyp said:
Ed,

Can you quantify that statement ?

Paul

Just to add, if you go for a set of the plugs that Allen mentioned, they'll cost you a grand total of £9.87, to your door, from www.sparkplugs.co.uk ! ;-)
as i don't know who allen is what type of plug is it you get delivered to your door for £9.87...as i could do with a fresh set of plugs...8)

youngsyp

turboloon said:
as i don't know who allen is what type of plug is it you get delivered to your door for £9.87...as i could do with a fresh set of plugs...8)
Well, why don't you search the thread then.......

Paul

turboloon

youngsyp said:
Well, why don't you search the thread then.......

Paul
why don't you mate ....:? already looked back but can't see it;-) i just thought some of you guys would've known who he was....

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
turboloon said:
why don't you mate ....:? already looked back but can't see it;-) i just thought some of you guys would've known who he was....
Well it was posted 2 posts above, before either of you posted :nerner:

youngsyp

Fast Guy said:
Well it was posted 2 posts above, before either of you posted :nerner:
Allen's name was, but the answer to turboloon's second question wasn't ! :nerner: :lol:

And to answer that second question, here are the quotes I found in this thread when I spent a whole 15 seconds searching for them:

windsoR said:
can iget some6cr 8es ngk spark plugs from.cheers
And Allen's response:

ashills said:
them in my last 2 400 plus engines with no issues at all over 450ish maybe better going to 9s but these seemed fine

Paul

sumo

jason i will get some ordered in as all need for my to and stev for his and prob keep set for john as well o and there a uther gtir in keith

turboloon

sumo said:
jason i will get some ordered in as all need for my to and stev for his and prob keep set for john as well o and there a uther gtir in keith
is it anice motor what colour is it?

turblio

Mine is over 400, but when I had BCR8EIX (also tried BCR9EIX) plugs fitted it missfired took Allens/Edds advice and fitted BCR8ES and it revs clean through the range perfect

GTIR-LOZ

i have bought some of the plugs allen has recommended and they only cost me 4.99 for a set, but the gap is too small what should the gap be i have set it to 0.5mm so far and will be hopefully running around the 400-450 bhp