spark plugs

O

owens

ive done a search on here and i havent returned any results, what plugs would people reccomend when running standard boost?

warringtonjack

I'd have said some NGK Iridium Heat Range 7 for standard. Heat Range 8 for 300horses. Dont know how far you can go with the 8's before you need 9's to be fair. :confused:

Fusion Ed

400 is fine on 8's as well. 9s are a bit ott even at this power, they foul up quite easily, at least on the road, on the track this may be different.

mattytappy

if your interested fella i have a set of hks irridiums s35i heat range 7 that are as good as new only ran them for about 30 or 40 miles before i put the next range up in just to be sure......still in the boxes...

£25 to you sir plus postage matey.....if you want;-)

O

owens

i will let you know at the end of the month mate, im waiting to be payed

ashills

bcr8es NGK about £4 a plug
thats is the plug ive been using and its perfect for a modded R and if standard maybe use the 7 range
the iridiums are a pile of turd waste of money and have the added bonus that the tips can over heat and fall off and kill engine

ashills said:
bcr8es NGK about £4 a plug
thats is the plug ive been using and its perfect for a modded R and if standard maybe use the 7 range
the iridiums are a pile of turd waste of money and have the added bonus that the tips can over heat and fall off and kill engine
did you use these on the 460bhp engine mate?

ashills

yep used them in my last 2 400 plus engines with no issues at all over 450ish maybe better going to 9s but these seemed fine

any normal motor spares place can get them also the last place said he sold them as bike plugs aswell

O

owens

ive just done a search online for these NGK plugs and there comming up at silly cheap prices so i may have to invest in a set, as im only running standard boost i shouldnt see any problems with them

cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
owens said:
ive done a search on here and i havent returned any results, what plugs would people reccomend when running standard boost?
Searching what spark plugs for thread titles only returns 53 results, more than one of them will have your answer.

I don't think Nissan will have spent thousands developing the engine to fit the wrong plugs as standard. Like most standard items, they are probably the best ones for the standard job.

O

owens

i have searched and 99% of returned posts are for people running non standard boost thus the reason i asked the question, i could understand if i havent bothered using the search function but when someone has used the search function why get on peoples backs its just annnoying,
and the results of the thread show that people use different plugs at standard boost so the question has been answered with multiple options

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd expect most people use different plugs at standard boost as they resent paying £50 per set, not particularly because they're any better. The standard platinums plugs are rated for 50000 miles, I don't know if the alternatives will be.

i was checking the pulsar plug pattern against some of my spare plugs i had, and found they were exactly the same as one of the best plugs ive ever used, that i had my old track car mapped to 428bhp, they only cost me 7quid a plug some im gona give them a go.