snapped ignition key

A

another sunny

:cry: does any one know the rocedure for ignition key removal. My key has snaped off in the barrel, the car still starts and drives as the main part of the key is still in the barrel but i have to use a skrewdriver to turn it also i have had to remove the buzzer fuse(and i cannot lock the door).

Usualy you can remove barrels as long as you have the key, i am just not sure on nissans....Help:cry:

peterkiwi

The barrel should come away from the switch part of the ignition when the key is in and turned to ign on, this allows a small pin to receed into the barrel enough to take out.
Just check what holds the lock onto the steering column Usually have round head machine screws which when installing the barrel when new break off with tensioned. You will need to loosen them with a sharp blows to the edge of these screws with a chisel and hammer to start loosen the screw.
Do you have a spare key? you might be able to get old key out of ignition if not you'll be off to buy a ign lock and key but won't solve your door lock problem.
Good luck!

A

AJ4

yes, a roof liner for a sunroof because the lazy **** wont come and get it and I'm going to throw it in the bin soon :lol: