Sheepdog BOV

rossdj1983

britishrallying said:
Got my sheepdog bov, and yes its fantastic sounding.

Just wondering if the units can be stripped down for maintainence? am I right in thinking both parts ar pressed together and not screwed?

If so, then then cant be sripped without recking the thing.

Seem to get alot of the sound through the HKS filter but can see the valve opening when revving from idle.

Defo keeping valve if I ever sell the beast....
mine is held together by 4 allen key bolts i think, but as they stopped making them i dont know if your able to get hold of parts anymore

MarkTurbo

RishiGTiR said:
WRC Cars do not use a BOV.. That chatter you hear is the forced air back down the inlet and coliding with the turbo blades...
I reckon you should make that a sticky to save confusion in the future :lol: It still amazes me how many people dont know how a simple device like a wastegate works :der: Then you get the old "no dumpvalve will knacker the turbo quote" :roll: My turbo lasted tens of thousands of miles and boost upto 1.5 bar with no dumpvalve before it died ;-)

If i have to hear the phrase "wastegate chatter" one more time.............:doh:

gtirneil

You should be able to unsrew the top from the bottom, which leaves you with a washer with a little hole in it, a spring and the piston bit thingy, so easy to strip down and clean, mine had 10 years of crap inside it and now works alot better .