running slicks

dencon

Anyone on here running slicks in competition?. Fitted new Avon Slicks, a15 compound, last week and did six runs up Castle hill climb. I now find the inside three inches have grained up badly. Was running with two degrees of neg camber, but now reduced this to one. Will try this next at Wiscombe. I think this must be caused under hard acceleration as Castle is a steep climb with only two real bends. This is only on the front tyres which I run straight. Under full power in first and second gear would the straight front wheels switch to toe in or out pulling hard on all the bushes,etc?. Den.

red reading

They will toe out under acceleration den, viscous centre diff may be getting tired too and letting too much power to the front wheels.

dencon

If this is the case, would it be better to run with some toe in? With ref to diffs, I think they are ok, as I am getting some fantastic 64ft launch times. Den.

I spoke to some guys running a G40 at Harewood a couple of years back that due to the weak suspension design on the Polo ran 2.5 degs of toe in to counter the toe out effect under acceleration