RPS Streetmax Clutch advice...

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I ran mine the same until I could get it changed and it's had quite a few drag launches since it's been on. I just don't do alot of miles in it.

houghy_1

ok after havin my mate ring up to order the Helix plate, the guy on the phone was asking about plate thickness sayin it wasnt goin in a standard cover he couldnt guarantee that id get full clamping and some other things he said. Anybody shed any light?

lakeview

personaly ive never understood why people recommend helix clutches.a few people i know bought them they were lucky to last 3000 miles.mine self destructed after 4000 ish miles it ripped out the whole cente section wish id taken a few photos of it now ive now got an ap one and its fine and my 1st gtir had an ap one and it lasted 6 years or so with no problems

rob

houghy_1

your using the rps cover not a standard one
Yeah, i was thinking that you could just interchange the plates??
If im wrong let me know.
This is supposed to be a quick solution so i can get some running done in it before silverstone otherwise i would go for a new clutch.The whole cost of getting it on the road didnt include buying a new clutch,couldnt stretch that far.

houghy_1

Oh welll after all the debating, tonight i picked up the Exedy Clutch for £120,looks in good nick now to get it fitted and then engine back in and MOT!!