rev counter maxed out (not speedo)

gtir bob

Sorry its been a bit buzy this couple of weeks as i placed the wrong question on here! What i ment to say is its the rev counter not the speedo thats stuck! As you all no that answered my other queeries have just rebuilt my r and now have it running after 1 thing and another!! but while she was ticking over nicely on the drive i noticed it was ticking over bit high so thats when i noticed the REV counter was maxed out sitting at around 10, so was wandering wether id left a wire off or had put one on back to front (if thats possible)???

gtir_pimp

is the needle moving at all or does it just sit there? have you fiddled with the clocks or put white dials on etc?

johnsy

try bashing the top of dash while giving it some beans, i erh twated mine when i blow my box up !!

johnsy

honeatly rev the tits off it and keep twating it ,it will pop back round if you time you rev/twat properly

gtir bob

cheers but think its gonna take some time as need to run it in 1st as just had rebuild! wouldnt it help just by taking the clocks out & turning them upside down to get the needle back to 0?? thought there would be a wire off somewere???

gtir bob

Thanx to every body whos helped me allong the way + yes i twatted my dash that hard the cd skipped in the end but it worked!!!! Also if you want to see the end product im goinsg to try to get to the midlands meeting on the 28th see you there!!