Rear camber

Cathode

Does anyone know if the R has adjustable rear camber as standard? If so how can it be adjusted ?

Many thanks

keastygtir

I seem to have gain a very small amount of positive camber on the rear after fitting coilovers, I dont really know why but you only need (imo) a small amount so camber bolts might do it, The items above are awesome by the way just making a point

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Camber bolts are quick and easy for general road use. How much rear camber adjustment do you need?

Over lowering the rear of the car reduces it's agility

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
@Keasty It might be the position of one of the holes where the strut mounts to the hub is different to standard?

The coilovers where designed to be lowered to the max (which sucks) so at sensible ride heights they add a little positive camber?

First step is free camber adjustment. Loosen the strut bolts and top mount, jack-up the brake disc a little to force some negative camber, tighten them up again and you can get 0 to 0.5deg difference depending on how they were tightened originally.

Camber bolts can correct or alternatively slot the hole by grinding out a mm to get it where it needs to be.

Last edited:

Cathode

Hey! Thanks for these posts guys, this is very interesting and helpful. I'll do some more digging to see what may suit my set up best. I'm not looking to track the car just to be a street / b-road weapon for the weekends and sunny days. I need to look at my pulsar more closely as it may or may not already have any of what's stated above. Not sure what camber bolts will look like so I'll have a search and see if I have anything that already resembles that or if it's bog standard.

Thanks again for these posts. I needed this kind of info on what options are out there and available for the pulsar.

keastygtir

@Keasty It might be the position of one of the holes where the strut mounts to the hub is different to standard?

The coilovers where designed to be lowered to the max (which sucks) so at sensible ride heights they add a little positive camber?

First step is free camber adjustment. Loosen the strut bolts and top mount, jack-up the brake disc a little to force some negative camber, tighten them up again and you can get 0 to 0.5deg difference depending on how they were tightened originally.

Camber bolts can correct or alternatively slot the hole by grinding out a mm to get it where it needs to be.
Cheers mate I will have a go at this