Rear Brake Disc Conversion

billy187

Anyone bought these rear discs of ebay?

Are these discs likely to be decent or are they just cheap copies? Been quoted £55 a side from my local motor shop for some standard discs so will probaly go for those if these arnt any good...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-Sunny-Pulsar-GTiR-SR20DET-Rear-Brake-Discs_W0QQitemZ330233609129QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10402QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

i think im going to go for some new standard size discs with some mintex pads at the back for now with some big breaks upfront and see how i get on....

youngsyp

It would be well worth while to go for larger diameter rear discs, with decent pads (matched to your front pads would be best). Not only will they boost all round braking power but, they'll also improve stability when braking.

I quite like the idea of the Godspeed 300mm rear disc conversion. ;-)

Paul

youngsyp

Fast Guy said:
Just not the idea of dealing with them :bolt:
That's just reminded me, I'm still waiting for a set of bolts for my brake conversion I bought back in 2003 ! :lol:
They seem to have the monoploy on this type of kit too, unfortunately !

Paul

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Funny old thing, I never got any bolts or spacers either. Apparently all 3 sets he sent me got lost in the post. My fecking **** did they, never got sent more like.

Paul20

what a surprise, my brake kit went missing a couple of times too, and when it turned up, the hardware was missing. they turned up in the end and i have to say, the discs themselves are faultless however the mounting arrangement was not ideal. i needed to shim the caliper out to suit the disc.

youngsyp

Fast Guy said:
Funny old thing, I never got any bolts or spacers either. Apparently all 3 sets he sent me got lost in the post. My fecking **** did they, never got sent more like.
I find it hard to believe that he's still in business but, looking at the responses to this thread, it seems we've all been taken for a ride and still not asked for our money back !

I know for sure though that I won't be buying from him again. I've even started trying to source a set of front rotors to replace mine, when they wear out. There seem to be a few companies out there that could do it for very reasonable money too !

Paul

Boooooost

Fast Guy said:
Sounds familiar the braided lines got left out of my kit and about 5 sets got sent to me but lost in the post lol gave up in the end, the guys a waste of space.

WUZ

Might be coz he found loads more "business" on Scoobynet and started over there.

Not many Scoob owners had Pulsar it seems so his reputation is OK over, FOR NOW!

Russell

davey red.r

is there any one else,than the lord above on whizz,who do rear conversions,could i take my 285mil discks off front(hispec)and put on rear?and replace front disks,with hispec 300mil disks?

davey;-)

Paul20

my 325mm godspeed kit on the front are getting ready for disc replacement and have been looking at BGdevelopments products. it seems they can do a kit for the front so i dont see why they couldnt fabricate a rear conversion

billy187

Just rang nissan and they couldnt quote me on discs for the import as they said they would have to find out. But gave the numberplate of the uk spec ive also got and quoted £44 a side for standard rear discs which is pretty good i thought. The rear discs are definently the same on the import and uk spec arnt they? they couldnt guarentee it but said they would order them in but wouldnt take any returns...