Raising the compression?

warringtonjack

To me, it looks like the things holding you back are the injectors, maf and tubby. If its just a 28 hybrid, then you'll be looking at about 340 i'd say before it starts running out of puff.

Get bigger injectors, a z32maf and a 3071, put 2 bar through it and run at 450bhp! :thumbsup:

snoon

Noble are good - up until you start asking them to get your Z32 running!! ON your set up I'm sure noble would see 330BHP.

Personally I'm done with Noble as they just fcuked me off last time I was there and told me not to use the Z32 even though I was maxing standard out at 350 ish BHP. Eeerr great advise?!?!? Not.

The racing line in Halifax are good, they do a few R's off here.

TDI North in warrington are supposed to be good too.

I'd add a custom 3" elbow/downpipe to your spec to see some more ponies without upping the boost.

You can see 370 BHP on a T28 - at least that what I'm aiming for.

davey red.r

warringtonjack said:
To me, it looks like the things holding you back are the injectors, maf and tubby. If its just a 28 hybrid, then you'll be looking at about 340 i'd say before it starts running out of puff.

Get bigger injectors, a z32maf and a 3071, put 2 bar through it and run at 450bhp! :thumbsup:
dont be telling him that:shock:
without a standard box,he will never forgive you,when it shats its self:lol:

warringtonjack

davey red.r said:
dont be telling him that:shock:
without a standard box,he will never forgive you,when it shats its self:lol:
Spoilsport!!! :lol:

Seriously though, I forgot about the box. Hehe. Ahem. :behindsofa:

snoon

MarkTurbo said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldnt get your hopes up on that one ;-)
I'll find out soon enough. As soon as my tubby has had a little run in and my E8 map finished I'll let you know what my T28 can do.:thumbsup: ANd yeah - I ment a hybrid.

Although I made 350.5 with 344 lbs of tourqe on a totally standard T28 at around 1.3 bar at TDI North so I'm hoping to see more than that.

It's getting mapped on a dyno dynamics too so we should see the real power figures.

Shaun

johnsy

well iv spoke to bobby and he said 450, and the mechanic said a 1 1/2 -2 day job to get set up and running properly

P

pulsarboby

£250 is remarkably cheap!
many places are quoting 3 times that amount (some more), and thats if they are prepared to touch them at all lol

takes me a day and half on my own to do one on the deck but i always remove the complete unit to swap over.
suppose it all depends on whether its a cash in hand job or done legit as a one man band has no overheads to pay so can therefore do it cheaper.
also virtually £70 of that goes on gearbox oil and other oils / fluids which brings the labour down to £380

Radleigh

Who runs a PPG Box?

Done a search, But nothing gives me answers..

Power in my car will be between 370/400bhp (hopefully), but how loud is the PPG gearset?

Whats the price also, as in the search i'm getting either £2800 and £5000, So which is it lol:lol:

Is there any waiting time for a box, and who do you recommend on building one up?

Cheers :)

C

crawfordra

i am also looking for a PPG Box. Used or New. either will work for me.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
I have the PPG Straight Cut Dog Box in my car.. Its whiney and a little noisy as you'd expect.. But with other noises from your engine, exhaust, screamer, turbo, etc.. The gearbox won't really bug you that much.. Unless maybe if you are on a long journey with it..

If i remember rightly its louder when coming off throttle and balancing rather than when you have your foot down..

There are a few videos around of cars running this box which will give you an idea of the noise..

And i used Gearboxman Bernie to build it..

D

deburr

Speedo

Hi all,

I have bit of a prob with my speedo, i drive along at 60mph and all of a sudden it start bouncing between 58-65mph. I've used the search but no one seems to have had this prob. Has anyone got any idea's please.

Thank you.

JIMMYBACK

does it have a delimiter on the car ? its possible its that playing up? it could be fooked or just have a loose connection

Garef

I would check your cables, mines went off completely and when I took it out and re-soldered it I now have the jumping problem you are talking about, so I would check out the wires at the back.

D

deburr

Thanks for the replies, i have a HKS delimiter on the car (soldered) but i had dis-counted that as the speedo is flickering, i thought it might be the speedo cable or sensor. The last time i used the car it was fine however it doesn't get used from 1 week to the next.

Thanks

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
You're looking at 5K+ for a built up PPg box.

Rishi, do you have the dog box? Is it usable in town/traffic?