Raising the compression?

O

Odin

leon2engines said:
how hard are they to fit?

Not very from what I've read, but it's not really a DIY job mate, Plus you only get the life time guarantee if you get it fitted by a pro, But seeing as the likes of Barnie(the gearbox man) only charge about £130 to strip and rebuild a box plus parts, I'd of thought it wouldn't of been to costly a job mate :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

I've also asked them about an owners club discount in the mail I sent them this morning, So maybe if we can get enough interest I could get a group buy organized :wink: .

rob

O

Odin

leon2engines said:
vpulsar said:
But seeing as the likes of Barnie(the gearbox man) only charge about £130 to strip and rebuild a box plus parts,

rob
that's a bit cheap! :shock:
Not really fella, It only cost me £670 to have my quaife gearbox and transfer box rebuilt by Bernie last year including all parts 8) :wink: .

Hes a top fella and knows his stuff :D .

rob

O

Odin

leon2engines said:
V, i meant that was cheap as in 130 is a sodding good price
Yeah hes not a rip off merchant like some so called tuners :roll: , Ian at hitec is also very good with gearbox rebuilds 8) . That's where I'd get the phantom grip fitted along with the mods hes working on at the moment to make the casing stronger 8) :D .

That £130 is just to strip and rebuild the box doesn't include any parts you may need while he has it apart :wink: , I maybe a few quid out ether way but its about right :wink: .

rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Ian and Bernie are defo the people to see about gearboxs... Ian gave me a muchos cheap deal for rebuilding my Quaife....

Rishi

creedy

help needed. clutch related problems

Right my clutch started to slip very badly all of a sudon so i took it all apart and fitted a brand new AP item.
Just finished it 2day and its still slipping even @ low revs just slipping :?
gearbox splines are ok, the arm that moves the bearing is not bent.
Could it be the hydraulic system? if so which part?

Many thanks

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Did you fit a whole new clutch, both plate and cover ??

Also a new plate can take a while to bed into the old flywheel.

antgtir

As said the plate can take a while to bed and bite as it should just be gentle for a few miles, shouldn't take too long to feel right.

Another possibility is clutch plate contamination. Did your old clutch have oil on the plate itself? If so you may have a leak from one of your seals, therefore contaminating the plate and causing the slip. Only thing to do would be to replace the knackered seal and the clutch again :cry: (with a Helix item :wink: )

Ant.

A

AJ4

Anyone want a blow job ?

Heres my new baby, obligatory fag packet included for scale...

Attachments

Dooie Pop Pop

WHIPPLE indeed:-D :lol: looks like you had a clean up before the pics....lol

nice L+b packet too, always a good indication of size the fag box.......

so how does it marry up??

A

AJ4

its the new version of the 2300AX, its a 140AX ( don't ask me why they changed it !). Still 2.3l, just better gears, better tolerances, higher boost limit, higher rev limit etc.

Haven't fitted it yet, only just got it :D I'll have a look when I get home at the weekend... I've done some mock-ups for it already so it should be fine.

A

AJ4

yep, turbo is completely binned. Plan is to put it where aircon pump used to be, but its so nice and shiny I'm tempted to put the alternator there and mount it on top so I can see it when I open the bonnet :D:D

paz

Thats purdy :)

So can we have anymore information on what you've got planned Ross? As you know, I'm about as technical as a discarded paper cup, but it would be interesting to know why you've decided to go down the supercharger route than the tubby? What power are you hoping for etc?

Paz