Raising the compression?

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
RishiGTiR said:
Emanage Ultimate - fine for that spec
You jest :lol: :lol: the EMU will do loads more than 350, mine will be topping 2 bar shortly

personally though Radders if you still have the standard ECU I would top 99.9% of pain in the **** and way way over priced standalone ECU's and get your standard one modded and mapped.

mattytappy

good point steve...or try and find a cheap mines ecu....and you will near enough there....the mines ecu ive put in is way more taurqe than the standard ecu map and perfect for the twists and turns....hardley any lag on standard tubby,and internals and gearbox....although ive put in some quaility gear and engine oil...im not expecting anything to last long at 1.2bar:lol: :lol:

M

mark gtir

engine stuck please help

Ok i've a bit of an issue here and i'm scratchin my head what to do, after months of trying to make one engine from two ones with various problems i've said screw it and bought what I thought was a good second hand engine........... this 'good' came from a burnt car which had an electrical fire, so after replacing the charred items wen't to fit the gear box and from the crank decided to turn it over and nothing notta with a t-bar now i don't wanna touch the internals too much cause this could ruin any comeback i might have against the fella who sold me the so called 'good' engine now that is what my mechanic said but he or I don't have much experience with gtir's and now I get the sinking feeling its seized and fooked. But this is the question i'm getting at is there any way something could be preventing the engine turnin over with the t-bar cause i'm praying its not seized
would really appreciate any help the knowledgeable gtiroc members could fill me in on

azboy

my box has lasted 3 years 30 hard launches and a good thrashing, never had any props at all with my car and use it everyday and thrash it every day when people say they have gone through loads of boxes on that power 320 bhp est they must be buying shaged boxes, mine has not let me down and i give it some as haqve a spare box ready to go in but mine just keeps on going, bet if peeps fitted a brand new nissan box then ud be surprised how long it would last rather then fitting 15 year plus old boxes and try pushing hard power through them

Keira

mark gtir said:
would really appreciate any help the knowledgeable gtiroc members could fill me in on
when urinating outside, always make sure you have your back to the wind....:lol:

davey red.r

yes go and knock on the blokes door, when he answers ,launch a sledge hammer of his barnet ,youl find you dont need horlicks to sleep that night:lol: :lol:

MORF114

Did you fit the gearbox? if you did when i fitted mine my clutch fork was hitting on the clutch cover stopping it from turning over.

radiobar

hi !

i think that they also can do 8.5:1 pistons.
but if it drops to 8.8 it should be ok.

dont think there is much difference between 8.8:1 and 8.5:1
the gasket is 1.2 and would raise it again.
as far as i know the standard one is 1.4 - is that correct ?

so maybe they can do a 2.0 gasket.

this kit does not include crank and rods.
hks and tomei kits come with crank+rod and are much
more expensive then.

i plan to use it with standard rods+crank.
but still dont know about ACL or nissan original bearings.

thanks

Radleigh

I dont launch my car, That dont interest me:lol: I bought it to modify for track, and everyday use:lol:

Im saving for a PPG Gearset anyhow.... :lol:

M

mark gtir

would love to THROW THE FLYWHEEL AT HIS HEAD!! but he's a bit of a scumbag :der:!!!!
now can't get onto his phone at all .
na no gear box on yet that was the next job afraid its seized have the bits there to make at least 1 good engine but a long long job jeasus so far this car has been like pissin into the wind :doh: i know have three engines none runnin

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Keira said:
when urinating outside, always make sure you have your back to the wind....:lol:
:lol: :lol: whats that, another old chinese proverb or just something you made up.........you are so clever..........amazing :lol: :lol: :lol:

mark gtir said:
Ok i've a bit of an issue here and i'm scratchin my head what to do, after months of trying to make one engine from two ones with various problems i've said screw it and bought what I thought was a good second hand engine........... this 'good' came from a burnt car which had an electrical fire, so after replacing the charred items wen't to fit the gear box and from the crank decided to turn it over and nothing notta with a t-bar now i don't wanna touch the internals too much cause this could ruin any comeback i might have against the fella who sold me the so called 'good' engine now that is what my mechanic said but he or I don't have much experience with gtir's and now I get the sinking feeling its seized and fooked. But this is the question i'm getting at is there any way something could be preventing the engine turnin over with the t-bar cause i'm praying its not seized

Mate, with no gearbox fitted and the spark plugs removed you should be able to turn the engine over by hand quite easily by turning the flywheel. Will it turn over at all or is it locked solid?

radiobar

hi !

yes,i know.
will visit a machine shop by next week.

they want approx. 120GBP for a 87 bore.
and for the sleeves they want take a look first.
but it will be much more of course

so the most important question is:
is a 2.2 engine worth the money ?

have a look here:
http://www.weidewaren.de/90-block.jpg
there are no coolings between the cylinders anymore.
not sure if its good .

thanks

Last edited:
M

mark gtir

its locked solid and the plugs are out doesn't seem to be any water in it either . could the timing chain have anything to do with it???
if the worst comes to the worst i have 8 pistons spare a new crank a good head and block just timewise would be a set back and a waste of money. if it is seized what are my options could it be as simple as piston rings stickin or am i wastin my time with this engine?

Well there's 5 of us out St Ives/Huntingdon way at least, i'm sure there are others the other side of Cambridge. Sounds like you've been a bit unlucky, did you buy it locally?

gtir_pimp

couldnt you just take the sump off to see if its spun a shell? drain the oil through a siv and look for small bits of metal. if hes a scumbag, why did you buy the engine?! maybe he new it was seized. how much did you pay anyway?

P

pulsarboby

gtir_pimp said:
couldnt you just take the sump off to see if its spun a shell? drain the oil through a siv and look for small bits of metal. if hes a scumbag, why did you buy the engine?! maybe he new it was seized. how much did you pay anyway?
precisely!