Project Shit Box (2021)

Eng1

I’m sure they will do a fine job on it , are they doing the complete engine assembly? As they can balance crank and skim flywheel and rebalance at the same time and check cylinder head ,measure ,skim and cc it etc -
All the machine shop needs in one place helps , they skimmed my flywheel - no issues at all since
I know it all costs and no future car buyer ever pays for the job being done correctly, but many pay for it not being done correctly -
Lol

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I’m sure they will do a fine job on it , are they doing the complete engine assembly?
No someone is hopefully going to do all that up here near Manchester.

They people I'm using are Nissan people so they should have it all in order once the block is returned!

Eng1

The assembly side of things is pretty straightforward, once you have a squared up block all nice and clean .
It only becomes an issue if something is out , crank , rods , etc , excessive play - that’s where having a full spec machine shop available helps , resizing and rebalancing or just making a thrust washer to spec .
If you have cylinder head issues , I can give you my head guy contact (he is fabulous) and if you need valves I can recommend G&S valves , who can make just about any spec valve you want (good prices too )
Both have decades of experience at the very highest level