Over Fuelling

T

tinny

Hi

I am having problems with my car which i believe is over fuelling. I had the same problem a while ago where it was suffering from irratic idling, black smoke coming from the exhaust and alot of juddering when driving, which sometimes would clear itself but come back. I did replace the coolant temp sensor last time which did solve it but now & again would come back, but would anyone have any other suggestions of what i could try.
Thanks
John
:-D

P

pulsarboby

injectors sticking or leaky
mapping is well out
faulty fuel pressure regulator
misfire on a cylinder
dodgy afm
possible faulty ecu

that will keep you going for a while lol

T

tinny

Yes there are a few things to keep me busy there cheers mate :-D

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Hi

I am having problems with my car which i believe is over fuelling. I had the same problem a while ago where it was suffering from irratic idling, black smoke coming from the exhaust and alot of juddering when driving, which sometimes would clear itself but come back. I did replace the coolant temp sensor last time which did solve it but now & again would come back, but would anyone have any other suggestions of what i could try.
Thanks
John
:-D
thats the EXACT symptoms I'm having - my ecu is throwing up 2x fault codes - a 12 and a 34.
I have replced the parts it says to replce - the maf and the knock senser and it still shows a 12 and a 34. I'm changing the ECU next

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Lump hammer?

That'd make it forget everything!

(See I'm trying to get the banter going by making stupid statements!)

nitrosgti-r

is there another way to reset it?
well when you do the fault code did you short out the pins again? I think this clears it when you short it again to get the engine light all the time on the dash with ing on. but yeah jambo is right, or dis con battery and sit with your foot on the brake and all lights on etc, just to clear any elec in system i think?

dazgtir

when i did my coolant temp sensor it still showedd a fault for a while but it did clear, i think it remembers for 100 turns of the key??

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Maybe you need to leave them shorted for a while... I can't find a guide for the RNN14, and the N13 one is no help because it tells you to turn the diagnostic switch on the side of the ECU (which we don't have).

Jonesy

this is what I did - I thought it cleared the fault. I will try disconnecting the battery tonight
Rich, i've got the datascan software, you can reset ecu codes with this, not sure if it will be any different from shorting the pins out though. But im only down the road at dunbar if you want to try it.
Cheers

antgtir

Vacuum leak, try checking for splits in all vacuum hoses.

Try someone elses MAF if possible to rule that out.

As Bob suggested try someone elses Fuel Pressure Regulator also if poss to rule that one out.

I would personally be looking for the split pipe syndrome.

Good luck,

Ant.