Over Fuelling

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Rich, i've got the datascan software, you can reset ecu codes with this, not sure if it will be any different from shorting the pins out though. But im only down the road at dunbar if you want to try it.
Cheers
cheers for the offer mate, I think i'm geting somewhere now. car is starting ok, idle is fine (someone had adjusted the throttle cable) showing 55 on ecu now - I haven't fixed the knock senser back into its position yet. car is still overfuelling, have checked all hoses etc nd all seems fine. I think I may have a faulty injector now, only thing I can think of atm, might send them off to be rebuilt.

at least i'm making some kind of progress :lol:

so what does the datascan do?

antgtir

Have you checked the colour of all plugs? If one or more are considerably black than the others then that cylinder(s) is/are likely to be getting drowned in fuel (be careful of bore wash). I would therefore be looking as to why i.e. open injector etc.

Are you sure the spark plugs are of decent condition> Maybe one has a crack small enough not to notice too much of a "lumpy running engine" but enough for the spark to be deminished and hence seem as though the car is over fueling, worth a check. Same goes for leads also really.

The datascan allows you to access the ECU, look at maps, the sensors on the car i.e temp, airflow throttle position sensor etc etc, can be very useul in isolating problems. You can also use it to check the TPS and timing. Handy piece of kit. Its worth it for me as i like to be able to check systems etc, suppose the techy side of things interest me.

Ant.

Jonesy

cheers for the offer mate, I think i'm geting somewhere now. car is starting ok, idle is fine (someone had adjusted the throttle cable) showing 55 on ecu now - I haven't fixed the knock senser back into its position yet. car is still overfuelling, have checked all hoses etc nd all seems fine. I think I may have a faulty injector now, only thing I can think of atm, might send them off to be rebuilt.

at least i'm making some kind of progress :lol:

so what does the datascan do?
Forgot about this thread, glad your getting somewhere.
Yip the datascan does as above.

Jon Olds

Repair

Mine was stupid rich at idle. Replaced the AFM and the problem is cured.
Took it to bits for a look and could have just got away with replacing the element (two screws)
as the rest of it is just a casing.
Hope this helps someone
Jon

iomegalinux

hi,

i did a fault check and i get nothing (no fault) my AFR is running 12 at idle, when cruising i can get 14.5 but i the second i hit 1 psi of boost (even at 3000 rpm) i get 11.0-10.0 AFR.
here's my reading at idle.

I also have a short log file
during the log i get at the first psi of boost 11.5, 11.0 then 10.5 AFR
ftp://ftp.gilbert-tech.com/public/rhd/log/201151217.log

Last edited: