OS Giken Twin plate clutch broken!

Thor

Hello,

one plate of my OS Giken Twin plate clutch are broken in the center of the disc. Where i can get a new plate fast?

regards
Sascha

johnsy

you may be able to get a overhaul kit from an OS Giken supplier, it wont be cheap though, surly you'll source a firm in germany,

Thor

in germany i don´t can order these parts. few years ago i had order the plates from Ian Hill @ Hiteq but these do not trade at the moment?? I don´t believe that i can repair them or you can buy a overhaul kit...

hks-r

how much is a twin plate rebuild kit
i heard theyre a silly price
would be better to buy a diff clutch unless u paid 1200 for the kit

watoga

Sorry if this is a silly question, but are the OS Giken clutches really worth their huge price tag? It seems the price of a replacement plate is the same as an entire clutch kit from the likes of Helix or RPS Streetmax!

Yikes!
Dave

red reading

Sorry if this is a silly question, but are the OS Giken clutches really worth their huge price tag? It seems the price of a replacement plate is the same as an entire clutch kit from the likes of Helix or RPS Streetmax!

Yikes!
Dave
Imho no there not, having run silly power on helix organic (uprated special cover over standard helix) and a helix paddle,i would rather use them,there are other multiplate clutches available (competition clutch £1k new and exedy carbon hyper twin £?????) but every one seems to like o.s giken, the giken also damages the input shaft on the gearbox's due to the fact the clutch hub is harder than the shaft.............

Another thing for all you to think of is the harder the clutch is to push down, what do you think its doing to the thrust bearings on the crank!

johnsy

i had the os giken, super single jobbie, and thought it was a very good clutch, light pedal, way lighter than the rps paddle i have fitted at the moment,

the friction plate was fine on the os, it was one of the retaining clips on the center spring that gave way towards the end of its life

which in turn helped vibrate all the friction plate bolts out, but that was my fault as i drove it home from cadwell knowing summit was up

Last edited:

hks-r

how much was the rps paddle?

i only just found out that os do a sleeve for pedal lightening on greenline.jp
too late now lol

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
The pedal pressure on the twin OS Giken is comparable to the standard clutch, really easy to drive, great bit of kit, never let me down once.

John

Im with Red on this one, go stick a Helix on it as for what they are they really are a bargain. Ive had mine for a couple years and its much better the Os Giken Paddle I had on previously.

red reading

The pedal pressure on the twin OS Giken is comparable to the standard clutch, really easy to drive, great bit of kit, never let me down once.
The pedal pressure is down to the leverage ratio on the clutch fingers being longer making the pedal lighter,they still have a higher clamping pressure plate which puts excess stress on the thrust bearing's. this is made worse by people who start there cars with there foot on the clutch.