Noisey noisey exhaust = £30 fine?!?!?!

J

jpward

Good job the police here have bullet proof glass then :lol:

the 5" goose can be loud! :-D

S

Stoned

I was once stopped for the noise of my goose exhaust but they let me off in the end. He said he would have sent me to the MOT test center to get them to test it, but since my MOT place passed it two years in a row I didnt really see that being a problem if he had.

paz

Mines loud for a mongoose system - seems louder than ants when we were driving together (I think Ant said the same at the time IIRC) and touch wood so far I've not had any trouble.

Its just one of those luck things I think, like small plates etc.

paz

O

Odin

My goose was 98db with the 3.5" tail pipe, If I where you I'd change your 5" tail pipe to the smaller one, I think the 5" one is a bit chav anyway :lol: it looks ok on a skyline but on a little car like the sunny its a bit of a Kev mod :shock: :lol: .

Don't forget more noise doesn.t necessary mean more power :roll: .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

bracpan

I have a goose with 3.5 tailpipe and I use my car in competition and it is measured regulary. it is always around 95db at 4000rpm at 1m at 45 degree's. That is WAY below the limit for a production car in sprints and hillclimbs. Ask the Police what it should be...Its nice to see the police building up public support for them.....
There are some great and very helpfull policemen and women around but there are also some real dickheads who rub everybody they meet up the wrong way, thus destroying any respect we have for them. Such a shame when you see what others get away with. The Police have a hard job, (would not like it) and officers like this do nothing to make it easyer for them.

Cheer

Phil

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
When you were stopped did they give your car the once over ?

if so did they mention your black front No plate, as I'm sure it's supposed to be black on white and not white on black.

S

J

justin666

Could possibly be worth talking to citizens advice to see how to go about contesting it.. added bonus.. Its free :thumbsup: I would get the car checked at an MOT centre and when Mr MOT man says "nuffin wrong wiv that son" I would head off to the police station armed with the evidence.

The best bit tho is that Mr police man didnt have the car "on his list" so as someone else said, how the feck would he know how loud the car is supposed to be as standard.

To me it looks like you have very good grounds to appeal :thumbsup:

J.

J

Jim_1979

I was thinking about just taking it to a solicitor. Would most prob get legal aid anyway. I'm sure I could win!! :)

paz

For the sake of £30 though, you have to ask yourself the questions:
(a) Is it really worth it?
(b) Can you really be arsed?

:lol:

Paz

Gray

How come people are always getting pulled for smal number plates?
It shouldnt matter aslong as the letters are the correct size and spacing

A

Andybtsn

The police officer said to me the actual diamensions of the plate were incorrect, so didn't say anything about the lettering etc.
He said only 'bike' plates and 'normal' plates were legal. Nothing else...

Gray

so the import plate is illegal lol?
New hyundai's and integras have import size plates
import size is 12"x6"

I got one that 8"x6" looks miles better

S

Stoned

Gray said:
How come people are always getting pulled for smal number plates?
It shouldnt matter aslong as the letters are the correct size and spacing
Not easy to read when caught on speed cameras...

A

Andybtsn

Gray said:
so the import plate is illegal lol?
New hyundai's and integras have import size plates
import size is 12"x6"

I got one that 8"x6" looks miles better
Apparentely yes...

Although the car was imported in 2000 and has had the plate on for 6 years, just my luck i'd get stopped now.

:doh:

Mr GTiR

Jim_1979 said:
I was thinking about just taking it to a solicitor. Would most prob get legal aid anyway. I'm sure I could win!! :)
LOL it would nto go to court as CPS would take one look at the case and throw it out as it would be a waste of their time and resources.

Dooie Pop Pop

i agree with Andy.

tbh i think it had more to do with the 5" tail than anything else. i have a 3" turbo back exhaust in the same style as the goose with a 3.5" tail. its a damn site louder than yours;-)

Lou Rob runs a 3inch straight out from the ds wing with only a small box to hush it. i dont recall him saying he' s had any problems.