New build.

red reading

Well at the end of this year and after completing robs car I will be stripping my car...only to be rebuilding it into its new spec which will be a reliable in excess of 600 hp 2.45 litre and all the other stuff needed to go with it, ther will be subtle body mods needed to accommodate the large wheels and a new paint job as well ...why am I doing this well because I will have the rally car running and my other project which is more road focused so I can now really go to town on the sunny as per usual ed will be doing the mapping as I cannot risk letting some idiot fiddle with it like it's a power fc and a z32 maf, after the years of research by myself and ed we are now in a postion to do this and it will be a spec that no one can copy, after having so much development and milage on my current spec we have amassed data that no one can copy...I will prob be running the car at the end of the month on surrey rolling road with larger injectors and more boost just to max the turbo (3bar of boost any one!) and then run it on track till next winter for the last bit of data that is needed.

interesting times ahead for everyone interested.

I was looking for the copy an paste button for the data....... But your right....... It's hidden!! ;)
Once it's done we'll have to go for a spin! I'll try keep up on a track with my power FC an Z32!

Last edited:

vpulsar

Thats because you wouldnt fit in the bucket seat slim.

You just wait and see sunshine, By the time you two have my car finished I'll be looking like twiggy hopefully from the effects of my new diet but it could well be that I'd just died of old age by then lol

Rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Taking car on rolling road at end of month to increase boost level and then to track for a shakedown.

All sounds very sensible to me. I'm guessing with 3bar of Boost you will be testing to see how the turbo flows at it's performance limit. You will be close to your power target of >600hp. You then take it on a shakedown to to check temps under extended load.

The move to 2.45l engine means you can deliver the same flow but at a lower boost further improving temps. I guess the initial test will tell you if you want to tweak the turbo?

Sounds possible but lots of details to resolve in implementation.

STU666V

I think it's great that people are still trying to improve there cars and engines, it's the only way forward if we are trying to keep up with all the other cars out there.

Theres not much cars the same age as ours out there that the old pulsar can't beat.

You will always get twats out there trying to put you down.... i get it all the time, I just don't give a f#ck with them anymore, if they ain't happy tuff, it's my car and I can do what I want with it, same as anyone else's car.

Hud her chappin......... ;-)