Need new brakes...

C

charlie

I have come to the conclusion i need bigger or at least better brakes. So, what are my options, i really dont want to spend a fortune, as i'm gonna have to get big wheels again to fit them under.

Preferably something thats snug under 16's, i deffinately dont want to go to 17s again. Cheers

A

AZ STE

More than happy with my willwooods and if you ask Rally Design nicely thay may even let you have them for the group buy price I paid £480 ish for the whole 285mm kit inc braided hoses.They do do a 310 kit but just outside my price range at the time :wink:

P

purplemonster

im running 285 hi spec brakes behind my 17s and they work a treat ,depends how much extra braking power you want or need

i was quite impressed with them compared to my old standard brakes

the best way to improve the brakes ( IN MY OPINION LOL ) is to increase the overall brake disc diamter rather than super 4pots etc .the standard calipers are matched to the rest of the braking system and fitting other calipers COULD increase brake pedal travel etc ~?

just my 2p worth

ROBERT

Hkondakci

Most important with upgrating the front brakes are two main factors;
1. overall disc diameter
2. pad area, probably this is more important than the first.
(and ofcourse other factors but the above are very essential)
The HiSpec billet 4 use not to big pad areas (around 54cm2), the Monster 4 and 6 have pad areas of around 68cm2. Whereas AP CP5200 4-pot kit has 57,4cm2 and cP5570 6-pots have 73,7cm2, and the new Movit (see www.movit.de) use GT2 4m6 monobloc callipers with 330x32mm discs and have the biggest pad area of 76.5cm2. And these are cheaper than the AP-kits.
I personally have the HiSpec Monster 6 with Mintex 1155 pads, and these work really well.
Hope this helps.