my day at york raceway

williams

what have you removed to get your car to that weight? mine is pretty bare inside, not sure on weight though, will be cutting out any parts i dont need and putting holes in panels i do.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's pretty much as said. Aircon's gone as well, forgot about that. Saved a good 50kg or more with lightweight panels and lexan windows. Mongoose saved 10kg over the standard exhaust as it doesn't have a 13kg back box.

williams

you got windy windows? ive got electric, been trying to find some manual windows but not having much luck, was thinking of going with a manual steering rack aswell.

johnsy

My car weighs about 1060kg stripped for drag racing, 1130ish with me in it. It was a standard turbo (new turbo on now, but needs remapping to suit) standard engine, standard box (RB box as it's an RB car) front mount, apexi induction, mongoose, 16" TE37s 215/35/16 tyres, lightweight flywheel, lightweight panels, rps max street clutch, and about 300bhp courtesy of a dawes device. boost was 16psi at 6000rpm and 14psi at 7200rpm which is where spent my time on the drag strip.
Your 14.2s were slow to be honest. For 278bhp you should be hitting high 12s. 2sec 60ft is where you've lost most of it, but your times were slower than a standard car should have been, suggesting you probably didn't have the 278bhp you'd been sold. I wonder if I was there that day as I was there when they had dodgy 60ft timing gear in the left lane.
snoon (shaun) was there that day, i did have a slipping clutch aswell which probably did nt help, not long after that the clutch and gearbox needed replacing

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
you got windy windows? ive got electric, been trying to find some manual windows but not having much luck, was thinking of going with a manual steering rack aswell.
Yes, I have manual windows. They came as standard. Someone looked into the manual rack and they couldn't find one that fitted as far as I remember. Personally I wouldn't bother with that one.