Mines ECU

whytie

Are the blitz ecu's similar to mines as there is one on eBay the now. I may be tempted as I'm not wanting big power as I'll be fitting an rb box.

Just check its not going lean. I see that more often than i want too on stock pulsars trying to run 1.2bar.
How do i check if it is running lean? my data-scan cable has gone missing so can't check on that :(

word of advise: Use high octane fuel
I went straight to Tescos mate and filled up with 99RON 8) lol

glad it all arrived ok, told you they were aggressive lol
make sure your boost controller gain is not too high as it sounds like its surging boost to me.
also im taking it you have a walbro pump fitted?
Yes i have a walbro pump fitted mate, although the fuel filter hasnt been changed in the 3 years i have had the car :doh: only just thought of that.... to Halfrauds after work i think :roll:

sounds like your having fun, nice easy mod it sounds
1.2 bar aint that fast wait till you get a real turbo and some boost through it
Don't think my rectum can handle anymore at the moment :lol:

Just strip out your car, much cheaper, less damage to the engine and also surprises other GTiR owners (power to weight)
I have though about that, i only used to keep the rear seats in the rare event that i would pick up some fanny...... although that never happend :lol: Got more flange in my 1.1 Fiesta with black alloys... innit 8)

shroom

I have though about that, i only used to keep the rear seats in the rare event that i would pick up some fanny...... although that never happend :lol: Got more flange in my 1.1 Fiesta with black alloys... innit 8)
sheep like pulsars

Probably because they look and think 'oh look its like my nans car with a spoiler'. Either that or they think that we must be too cool for them for owning a mighty 'R....... :lol:

skiddusmarkus

Or do both for double the pleasure !

Or do both, then realise you are an old git and put it back in taking 5 times longer to do than removing it.

I stripped mine down to the metal inside, chipping off sound deadening etc but it looked the biggest pile of shite ever so I've put the carpet, roof lining and door cards back in.Am missing the sun visors and jesus rails though due to the bolt in cage.I haven't bothered with putting the rear seats back in either.I figure I am maybe a little lighter than standard but not much due to stuff like 18 gallon radiators, fmic, oil cooler etc.

olliecast

Your datascan won't say if your running lean as its only narrow band I.e. It tells you if you are richer or leaner that 14.7afr. And although it may show on the rich side, for example, 13 is far too lean at full load.

Only real way to tell is either fit a wideband or get the fuelling checked out on a rolling road (again they'll use a wideband)

Atleast if you go to a rolling road you can get a power figure too.

Cheers,
Ollie

lakeview

my car with a mines ecu always ran better when using an octane booster as well as super unleaded

rob

Cheers Ollie, once i re-build the engine i'll get it on a rolling road and make sure its running ok. Like you said, i'll get a power figure aswell then :)

Just for info.... i got in contact with Mines and asked them if they could give me the details of my Mines ECU..... The guy reckons all the Mines ECU's for the pulsars were mapped to run at 1 bar, not 1.2?
Everything else he said matches what i have found on here though, just this boost level?
Also, i kept asking him whether the rev limmiter cuts the fuel or the spark, but he never did answer that one :(

P

pulsarboby

ive checked the fuelling on one of these at 1.2 and 1.3 bar with a wideband fitted and if anything they run on the rich side. theres definately no problem with lack of fuelling.
im not gonna argue with what mines told you about it being chipped to run at a bar as they built them afterall lol, but thats certainly the first ive heard of that.

as for the fuel cut issue, im not 100% but i believe they cut spark as opposed to fuel on the limiter same as stock ecu.
stick the car on the rollers when engines run in and get them to check fuelling for you, its the only way youll find out for sure and you can see with your own eyes what shes doing, i think you can push 1.3 bar providing your ignition setup is all healthy and your base timing is correct.

Ok cheers mate. I wasn't doubting you or others on here chap, i was thinking more the Jap guy who emailed me probably just had a quick check and didn't really go into much detail. Like you said; you have checked the fuelling etc so id be more inclined to take your word for it lol.
Cheers.

Fusion Ed

TBH all these chips were for about a bar. Depending on the car however some (many it seems) can be pushed further, but there is only one way to check and thats on a dyno just to be sure. I can guarantee you however that at 1.2-1.3 (this figure seems to get higher every year) you WILL be on/beyond the limits of the maf/inj. However that does not mean your engine will instantly expire as many have found out, and may be fine.

Last edited:
cheers for info Ed. Once i get engine rebuilt and back in, i'll dyno it anyways just to make sure.
Still have my AM performance elbow kicking around in garage; just need someone to adjust it a bit and then i'll use that (as it has another hole for wideband sensor).

STU666V

I run mine at 1.1 bar for 3 years and it's at 1.4 bar now and i have been on the rollers and all is fine :) I also have a SAFC fitted when i put the boost upto 1.4 :)

skiddusmarkus

cheers for info Ed. Once i get engine rebuilt and back in, i'll dyno it anyways just to make sure.
Still have my AM performance elbow kicking around in garage; just need someone to adjust it a bit and then i'll use that (as it has another hole for wideband sensor).
I have an innovate wideband to be fitted and in the instructions it says to mount it at least 18" from the manifold as the higher temps will kill it.If you are going to mount it so close then I'd either buy or make a heat sink for it.

For ore info.... I got another reply from a different guy:

James,

Hello, and thank your for the inquiry.

As to your questions
First and foremost it was mapped for 100ron octane rated gasoline.

We ran that type of ecu at a boost of about 1.1 Can't say for sure but
don't think you will have problems at 1.2.
But to be on the safe side play close attention while doing your settings.

Otherwise the following will apply.
Fuel mapping changed
Ignition timing changed
Rev-limit set at +500 from stock and it will cut fuel.
Speed limiter has been cut.

Best Regards,

Jody MAYO
Mine's Co., Ltd.