Mines ECU - No difference?

billy187

Guys i bought a Mines Ecu off here a few months ago, only just got chance to get it fitted and there is no difference at all that i can notice from the standard ecu?

I have taken the cover off the ecu and it has the sames mines board fitted inside as all the previous mines ecus i have had.

Car is running 1 bar with the usual mods.

With the mines ecu it even still has the speed restrictor and rev limiter as standard.

Anything i might have missed?

gtirx2

I could be talking cobblers but i think possibly on the back of the standard ecu board a really tiny chip has to be moved from i think position cj1 to cj2,if this tiny chip was still in cj1 i think it would still possibly be running the stock map.

But as above ed will know better.

Fusion Ed

Stock ecu has no daughter board, and yes as gtirx2 says above, if its jumper has not been moved it will be on stock map. Unlikely however that a daughter board would be fitted and the jumper not changed.

billy187

Looks like its definitely been played around with, heres a couple of pictures of the board:

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Looks like someone has tried to re solder the board as if its was fitted for a Nistune?

Christ that is some of the worst soldering I have ever seen!!
When I fit my Mines at first I didnt notice any difference but that was because my knock sensor was faulty (code 34). Once that was replaced it was all good. Just a suggestion??
To be honest it's more likely to be something amiss with that ECU judging by the way someone has butchered it.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
I sold this to Billy, it had been on my car and did appear to work ok. I've offered a full refund, didnt realise it was that bad.

Ill get it sorted.

Fusion Ed

It will be working. If not the ECU would be in limp mode. I don't think thats in question, but if billy doesn't notice some difference with it, perhaps he would benefit from having stuff checked on his car.