looking for two decent gtir's

O

Odin

Boooooost said:
Hi mate its all good, just moved to NZ bought the car with me and all the bits but cant register it so have bought another one to swap the bits onto. Will be rebuilding again soon not sure whether to go to 2.2 or not. Hows you? :)

Why couldn't you register it mate ? , Is it because its not 15 years old yet ?.

What do you think of NZ so far then ?, We are thinking of moving abroad at some point in the next few years, And we did think about AUS (to many spiders:oops: ) and NZ so I'd be interested to hear your thoughts mate ;-) .

Rob

Boooooost

I think it has to be 20 years to be a classic here there are also issues with frontal impact protection.
We decided against Aus for the same reason. NZ is brilliant its been really easy to settle in the people are really friendly and helpful. South island is a fantastic place to travel round but we decided to settle in the North as jobs/wages are better.

Theres a lot of paper work to do but we are pretty sure that its going to be worth it. We'd never been here before and just took the risk and its worked out great.

Ant questions you have i'll try and answer as best I can.

Matt

O

Odin

Boooooost said:
Ant questions you have i'll try and answer as best I can.

Cheers Matt :thumbsup: .

Are they into their drag racing over there ?, Do they have any race tracks that do track days ?, See its the important questions that need answering mate :lol: :lol: .

Oh and I suppose :yawn: , What are the house prices like ? :lol: , What do you get for your money, Say 300k ?.

Rob

Boooooost

They are well into drag racing lot of tubbed cars and spaceframed too they have strips at some of the circuits and use airfields too i'm not sure about the quality of some of them tho.

There are a few tracks Taupo isnt far from here we went to watch super lap (time attack) in April which was ok. They do track days there too you can book the track for about $150 for the day and $80 for half day I think. There are also track events you can book yourself on. If your car is also for road use you need to get all mods certified which is a pain in the ass as it costs approx $400 a go.

If thats 300k Gbp youd be able to buy an awesome place that would work out to be roughly 800k NZ dollars you could get a nice place with garages and workshop easy.

Matt

O

Odin

Boooooost said:
you need to get all mods certified which is a pain in the ass as it costs approx $400 a go.

That sounds a right pain :doh: :cry: , Why do they do that then ?, Whats the point ?.

Nice big house with a workshop and tripple garage would be nice :thumbsup: .

I hope you enjoy it there fella, It will be a few more years before we think about it properly I think.

Rob

Boooooost

I think its to make sure that things are done properly there are some right shonky cars about and I think they would be a lot worse without it. Theres a lot of young lads, and girls actually, driving round in gsr's and skylines etc and they keep killing themselves I think its to try and keep the road-worthyness at a good level and reduce the risks.

Things like my goodridge lines are no good as they dont have the correct markings on them so I need to get a new set made up. The best thing is to do a whole load of mods at once then get them certed as its one set fee.

Theres a house near where we are renting with a triple garage electric doors, 3 bed for around $350000 which is 140000pounds not in the best location but just to give you an idea. Have a look on www.realestate.co.nz.

We are enjoying it hopefull have residency soon :)