Koyo Radiator Fitment

cmng

Just wondering those have fitted Koyo Radiator on the R
do you have any clearance issue on using Stock Fan ?
as well front AC clearance ?

Assuming this is for stock RNN14 turbo manifold + with AC

Thank

geoff pine

I have this fitted( the aluminium one) with slim line fans and there is not alot of room about 10 mm between the fan and the turbo heat shield i dont think the standard fans will fit but have not tried so im not sure. i dont have air con so can not answer that question. I have read that you can fit a 14"fan on the passenger side instead of two11" fans.

O

Odin

I've just re fitted my standard fan on the passenger side replacing the bigger slim line one I had before, I found that it gives me the most room to play with and also seeing as the rad is so big one standard fan is more than enough to keep the engine cool.

Rob

cmng

emm mean it have tight clearance on stock fan
if fitted with uprated turbine. mean even tighter

wondering 1 slim fan is enough to cool it down on country like mine
35C on HOT afternoon

O

Odin

cmng said:
emm mean it have tight clearance on stock fan
if fitted with uprated turbine. mean even tighter

wondering 1 slim fan is enough to cool it down on country like mine
35C on HOT afternoon
I have a bigger JGY BB 37R turbo fitted as well mate, Thats why I can only get one of the fan's fitted, I think if you also fit a nice big 19 row oil cooler like me then high temps would be a thing of the past :thumbsup: , You could also looking at fitting one big fan on the outside of the rad rather than the engine side ;-) .

I'm still thinking of doing this with my slimline fan, But I'm waiting to I fit my new manifold to have a look at it.

Rob

cmng

emm the best is get Oil cooler + Koyo + slim fan

I need to work out something to reduce the temp since it will gone up after 15 min of speeding

Thank man

O

Odin

cmng said:
I need to work out something to reduce the temp since it will gone up after 15 min of speeding

I know its a lot colder over here mate but my temps never move above 70c lol, Not unless I'm doing a track day or stuck in traffic, And even then the one standard fan soon brings the temps back down again.

Another idea for you would to maybe put your one fan on a switch in the car, That way you can have it on all the time if you so wish ;-) .

In a country like your's mate a proper oil cooler would of been my first mod, I do think keeping the engine temps under control really is the secret to a long lived engine ;-) .

Rob

cmng

yea.. i know.. that why need to get some way to settle the oil temp
now the car is rarely driven