Knocking after clutch change

Sunny-D

As above, its definately coming from the front of the car and increases with speed. Its not the drive shafts and only knocks going forward? I thought some crap may have fell into the wheel bearings during the clutch change but the wheels turn freely with no grinding or play, I tried putting the car in gear while it was on axle stands and it doesnt knock (although i did notice only the front wheels were turning at first but after switching off the engine and turning the prop by hand i could get all four wheels to turn?) Now when its on the stands all four wheels turn with no knocking but as soon as the cars on the ground it starts again? Any ideas?

Sunny-D

yep theyre all tight cause ive just replaced the wishbones and tie rod ends, the annoying thing is the car is running better than ever........as long as its not moving.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Is the hub nut tight enough? I had some funny noises from mine that turned-out to be the hub nut.

Sunny-D

Got this sorted this morning, turns out the new wishbones were touching the back of the discs when the suspension was compressed. The wishbone was pushing against the disc hard enough to knock every time a groove rotated past it.