japfest 09

MarkTurbo

Cars looking good Mark, I'll keep an eye out for you on track
Steve, if you see me about come and say hello ;-) Shame theres not enough interest in a gti-r only track session. I remember japfest 2003 when there was loads of us there 8) That was the first time i ever took my car out on a track, hard to believe it was 6 years ago now :shock:

i know its a bit short notice but i'll be going and if there space on the stand i wouldn't mind puttin mine on
There isnt a stand as most pulsar owners would probably rather sit down mcdonalds than go to a track day these days ;-):lol:

saddler

There isnt a stand as most pulsar owners would probably rather sit down mcdonalds than go to a track day these days ;-):lol:
I would have done a club stand for japfest ! but i thought i would go with Jts stand due to the big meet next year being held there..
Im sure riske is the area rep for the area..!So it would be ideal if we could get him to organise japfest 2010 8)

M

mynheers_a_pint

twas a pretty good day despite the small amount of drizzle. I spotted a fair few Pulsars including a car i thought was dead(i know its a different car);

hmmmm... Anyone else see it?

I would have said Hi to people if anyone has actually of been with their cars!

Buckym120

spotted a few down there today. Markturbo i believe i see your car parked up towards the end of the afternoon, round the back of the bankbefore the start finish straight. See a white stripped out one on track which didn't sound too healthy and then spotted a grey one with mirror window tints on the back of a low loader

windsoR

my eleven year old daughter really liked the kitted one, had mine on the ninjatune stand ,black with black teamdynamics.not the weather for standing around though.the grey one went up in a cloud of smoke when one of the track sessions came to a hault after the evo spun out .hope it's not to expensive to repair.

NISR227

Steve, if you see me about come and say hello ;-) Shame theres not enough interest in a gti-r only track session. I remember japfest 2003 when there was loads of us there 8) That was the first time i ever took my car out on a track, hard to believe it was 6 years ago now :shock:
..very true. Good days.

Well I quickly spoke to you, watched both your sessions, the first one was in the damp, and then the later one you were flying overtaking cars early on and chasing the white scoob down, got him in the end. A good few people were mentioning that the Pulsar looked and sounded quick. You really need to sort the suspension out though, you had more bodyroll than anyone else on the circuit lol. You were also seriously smoking on your last two laps.

But I am sure you saw that everyone got lapped by the orange S15, some twice, f*** me that was quick, and the driver a complete nutter (overtaking on the warm up lap). Good to see a really fast one thats not out there drifting, can't see why he hasn't entered the time attack he was that quick, in fact he was by far the fastest of the day.

Talking about time attack, I was disappointed to not see any of the big boys there (accept for ND who turned up in the afternoon but didn't run, they are based near by) but I realised when I got home that they are all in Knockhill Scotland the day after (today) competing in round 2.

I thought Japfest2009 was about the worst I've been to in the last 10 years, and I've gone every year. It wasn't just the earlier weather, but the lack of Pulsars, company stands (have alot gone bust!?), and top demo cars. It was worth seeing the Lemans GT1 winner from last year (Aston Martin) in all its dirt on display, not to mention the Keith Cowie Skyline, the red Evo Dragster, and a few mildy tuned GTR (R35's) and new 370Z on display, but overall, pretty poor.

And if I see another F***ing common scoob.....!!!
I drive a common car now (CTR ep3) and I am certainly not interested in putting it on a stand becuase you see them everyday, as its hardly special to show goers, unless I modify or track it (which I hope to do) but the scoob boys don't see this. There is so much space used up to display the same car over and over again.

Last edited:

Rich@Redline

Had a good day overall - mine was the stripped out car not sounding too healthy!

The engine was still sat on the garage floor at 3pm on Thursday, so I was up against it slightly to get the car ready! I managed to get out on track in the afternoon, but after half a lap one of the injector plugs popped off (the bloody clips are missing - I've tried everywhere to get replacements, including Nissan who were useless) - and I forgot/ran out of time to attach them with anything else. It's been fine on the road without them, but as soon as I got on the track plug number 2 popped off. I pulled into the pits, stuck it back on and went straight back out but literally the first corner it popped off again. Came back to the Redline stand, some of the boys jumped in to help and cable tie them on, but I couldn't secure any more track time after that. Gutted!!!!!!

The orange S15 was driven by a mate - Alex Khateeb - ex A1GP driver and a lap record holder at 'Combe in a particular class of F3 single seater. He's a certified nutter, and knows the track very well! He was giving passenger rides all day, hence the ridiculous speed.

Rich

jakeshakey

I seen you there rich, cars looking lush, and i got a nice pic. When you got on the track it sounded great, untill you came back around, just ashame the plug pulled out cause i wanted every1 around me to stop slatting the gtir's.
I was standing at the last corner before the start/finish line. and only a few cars was taking that corner right, and 1 of them was that nutter in the window tinting van. funny guy.
A great day out, shame i didnt see much of every1 else. Only a few were by your cars. i got some nice pictures of the red R with the wide arch kit on. ill post them up in a min.

MarkTurbo

.Well I quickly spoke to you, watched both your sessions, the first one was in the damp, and then the later one you were flying overtaking cars early on and chasing the white scoob down, got him in the end. A good few people were mentioning that the Pulsar looked and sounded quick. You really need to sort the suspension out though, you had more bodyroll than anyone else on the circuit lol. You were also seriously smoking on your last two laps.
Was good to see you and your brother again 8)

I was really pleased with the way my car was going, i was getting masses of grip with those tarmac tyres (once they were warmed up :lol:) I nearly got caught out by them on the 1st lap of my 1st session (even though i thought i was taking it steady) i came out of the esses and they just let go, luckily i managed to catch it and avoid a trip onto the grass :oops: That white subaru was a pain in the arse, he was seriously holding me up under braking and through the corners but our cars were exactly the same down the straights so i couldnt pass him :doh:

My suspension is still a bit on the soft side for the track but i reckon it was exaggerated by the fact my mate that was in the passenger seat is over 20 stone ;-)

The smoke was steam! We got held in the pits for ages before that session which meant my oil temp was already well over 100 degrees before i even got out on the track :doh: Because i hadnt had time in the week to fit the bigger oil cooler i use in the summer the temps never really came down on track causing the coolant temps to go sky high. I noticed it coming out the bonnet vents first then my rear view mirror was just filled with smoke so i came into the pits and was very relieved just to see it was boiling water in the expansion tank :-D

I did think to start with that my engine had blown up though :lol:

Tim

As far as i'm aware the EVO runs an evo lump but it's mounted Longitudinally, might be using a cosworth gearbox? It wont be standard cosworth bits though.

Jgti-R

The Red one is mine, glad you like it Mark! had a good day although couldn't get on track due to fuel pump issues! grrrrrr! i also saw the other R's but no owners by them!