JAE 2008 - NOT Cancelled

O

Odin

saddler said:
what about if car enthusiasts don't like track,drifting or time attack like myself ? what wrong with having both stands and track cars..
I think you're in the wrong owners club matey :shock: , You need to line up with the rest of the turd polishing brigade over on the modimongs ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I suppose your boot space is full of subs and amps as well :doh: .

Bob you had the right idea, All our club meets should be at track days, Where we can all rag the nuts off of our 5hitters with out worrying about the rozzers 8) ;-) , And maybe learn how to actually drive the bloody things ;-) .

We can always have a sad turd polishing corner for the bling boys to line up with their buckets and sponges :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

First prize can be a new bright orange bucket and one size fits all hoody :thumbsup: .

Rob

saddler

Odin said:
I think you're in the wrong owners club matey :shock: , You need to line up with the rest of the turd polishing brigade over on the modimongs ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I suppose your boot space is full of subs and amps as well :doh: .

Bob you had the right idea, All our club meets should be at track days, Where we can all rag the nuts off of our 5hitters with out worrying about the rozzers 8) ;-) , And maybe learn how to actually drive the bloody things ;-) .

We can always have a sad turd polishing corner for the bling boys to line up with their buckets and sponges :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
:fight2:
First prize can be a new bright orange bucket and one size fits all hoody :thumbsup: .

Rob
Come on Rob... why do you post this crap... I know you want to come out and be a polishing turd with me..As i have read some of your old posts about putting your car to bed for winter due to the "Salt on the Roads":wuss:pmsl.. just hope you dont get stuck behind the Road Gritter on the way round the track ...:-D

saddler

what about if car enthusiasts dont like track,drifting or time attack like myself ? what wrong with having both stands and track cars.
just need to say that i should not have included the track events as i will be taking my polishing turd around them.. but drifting is not my thing

Mr GTiR

I've spoken to Claire who has recently stepped down and I can confirm that JAE will be going ahead this year as planned. John is now looking to get a new site organised.

Once I have more info i'll post it up.

saddler

Mr GTiR said:
I've spoken to Claire who has recently stepped down and I can confirm that JAE will be going ahead this year as planned. John is now looking to get a new site organised.

Once I have more info i'll post it up.
Great News !! :thumbsup:

O

Odin

saddler said:
I will be taking my polished turd around with me.
I'm sure we can accommodate you and your sponge bob gang in some out of the way dark corner ;-) .

As for keeping my car off the road, Well it was a daily driver until we moved to Scotland, Have you seen the amount of salt they put on the roads up here :shock: :doh: , Plus 400 + bhp and ice aren't really a good combination are they :cry: .

Rob

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
saddler said:
Come on Rob... why do you post this crap... I know you want to come out and be a polishing turd with me..As i have read some of your old posts about putting your car to bed for winter due to the "Salt on the Roads":wuss:pmsl.. just hope you dont get stuck behind the Road Gritter on the way round the track ...:-D

He's just jealous ever since having his car re-sprayed Nero Black and it coming out a Sparkly Dark Grey:wuss:, he's a no hope in the Show and Shine Corner! So he just goes off in a sulk and slags them off instead.. :lol:

turbodaily

(from the link above)

For the last few years Claire an I have been running JAE and in that time we have seen it grow whilst still retain the spirit and of what the event is all about. Throughout the years the event has become a bigger and bigger thing to manage and I for one have never taken a penny in profit from the event. Similarly Claire has only ever taken money to cover her costs in all that time. Yes it is a big event and yes there are a lot of people, but this kind of thing costs a lot of money to put on.

After being backed into a corner last year by the showground we decided to look at how we could keep the event alive and make it even better. As a result of some discussions a company came forward to take the show over and run it professionally. For months we have been in discussions with them and recently they have stopped returning our calls despite giving us a verbal assurance and a handshake on taking over the event. Now it seems they may not have been honest to their word, which saddens me greatly and Claire too. To further add to the pain one company is even promoting the fact that JAE is no longer!!!!!

As it is today both Claire and I feel very let down and, to make matters worse, the venue have now decided they don't want the event to continue. Right now I am trying to find a new venue and am looking for people to really take on the spirit of JAE and make it the people's event that it always has been and always will be.

If you have any ideas or can help - in ANY way - then I would love to hear from you. I can't speak for Claire but the wind is completely blown from my sails right now. JAE will continue and I personally will work to make sure it happens in 2008.

If you can help or want to offer your support please let me know.

Thank you and most sincerest of apologies for not keeping everyone up to speed with progress.

Thank you
John