JAE 2008 - NOT Cancelled

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Apparently JAE is not on this year

Taken from a Honda site:

I have spent hours on the phone today trying to get this JAE balls up sorted out.
Facts are. It isn't happening as last year
It won't be at the same venue
I have spent so much time today sorting things out, I think you lot should have my phone bill

Keith and Jason from Live promotions have spent a lot of time with me today trying to sort things out. What has been discussed is that if there is enough interest he (KEITH) will arrange a seperate field for JAP ONLY car clubs including, beer tent, toilets, electricity etc for us at the ISTS show formerly know as Donny. Which will be held at Donington park 5th - 6th April.

I want to try and get this to as many Jap car clubs as possible to see if we can make it happen. This could be as well as JAE if it happens in the end. If you are registered on any other Jap car forums can you please either copy and paste this in their shows section.
:doh:

Fusion Ed

You can thank a certain well known and large events organisational company (not the Org) for causing this to happen. It may still happen but a new location needs to be found.

O

Odin

No lose for me personally because I get bored stiff at tyre kicking events :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: .

Rob

Lionel

if anyone on this forum would no about this thats you dude. I hope you guys find an place to hold it.

Fusion Ed

It won't die. Over my dead body will I let this go to the ground. I've been well involved with JAE since '01 and the last few years there have been 'issues'. A severe lack of communication has lead do this extremely unfortunate situation.

It was always a car **CLUB** event, and it should stay that way. John is still on the team, I am hoping that some discussions will begin in time for 2008.

If I had total control of the event I would scale it back down a bit make it more simple and take it back to its roots.

The 'events' company in question who were partly responsible for this I had to say did not surprise me one bit. I was worried the first time I saw that JAE was involved with them a year or so ago. Now they have been totally shafted by them. That's what happens when you have a large company with purely a profit margin as a goal mixed with Claire/John (The Org) who are Imo overworked hardcore upstanding enthusiasts driven by love of the Japanese car world.

Mr GTiR

Micra Ed said:
Claire/John (The Org) who are Imo overworked hardcore upstanding enthusiasts driven by love of the Japanese car world.
Very true, I know John and Claire well and they are both top people. If I know them, they will have it sorted very soon.

Fusion Ed

Claire has stepped down now. So really its in the hands of John, who will I hope re-assess and take this in the right direction.

paz

Personally I much preferred Billing, but wouldn't want to see the whole event go down the pan.

paz

I'm also hearing its bollocks, a mate of mine is on the GTR register, posted up and got a response from the bloke that organises it.

I can't link the thread as I'm not a member, and can't be arsed uploading the screendump - but its definitely on.

Paz

Keira

Odin said:
No lose for me personally because I get bored stiff at tyre kicking events :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: .
im with you all the way, who gives a sh!t :lol:

anyone bothered can go walk round their nearest multi storey carpark if they want to look at some cars doing feck all :lol:

P

pulsarboby

totally agree, its just another excuse for a few people on stands to sell there stuff at exhobedant prices, and a load of weirdos walking round with cameras videoing your engine bay:roll: :lol: saying ' thats a very nice oil filler cap you have there' etc.
what a load of ol bollox:lol:

but whatever floats your boat i suppose!

ashills

thats why jae has gone down the pan it was for car clubs to all have a get togther originally not for people to sell stuff etc
you see why the club never has any meets with those 3 replys LOL

P

pulsarboby

i can understand stuff like japfest etc as theres other things to do ie go on track, and things to watch like drifting, time attack etc but i reckon just standing there looking at peoples bling bits on there cars is pretty boring unless your a real hardcore car buff that likes that type of thing.
would be interesting to have a vote to see just how many people are actually into that sort of thing, and who would rather go to an event such as a trackday and have a meet there!

saddler

what about if car enthusiasts dont like track,drifting or time attack like myself ? what wrong with having both stands and track cars..

Keira

saddler said:
what about if car enthusiasts dont like track,drifting or time attack like myself ?
you should quit with the car and dress up like a klingon everyother weekend at star trek conventions

saddler

Keira said:
you should quit with the car and dress up like a klingon everyother weekend at star trek conventions
maybe dump the track event and get a rally stage for the road going rally cars..

Keira

ok i'll admit it, i am a member of the klingon race and the reason my cars taking so long is im having trouble building the cloaking device