intake system

P

pulsar passion

Does anyone know where i can get an intake system like the APEXI Super Suction kit for a gtir?

youngsyp

Ebay !

Personally, I'd go for the Forge Motorsport (I think?!)GTiR K&N kit instead though. If you're planning on modding your car, the Apexi kit becomes restrictive at a very early stage !

Paul

youngsyp

nickr said:
Would it make a difference to use a filter kit from say a larger maf like a z32?
It depends on how large the surface area of the filter material is.

If the Z32 filter (for a 300ZX) is physically larger, it should flow more air. However, I think the GTiR Apexi filter will fit a Z32 MAF, without the GTiR specific adapter ?! So, they'll actually be the same size filter I'd expect.

Paul

P

pulsar passion

that's great mate but not quite what i'm looking for, i didn't really explain what i'm after properly so i'll have another go, i'm not just looking for the filter and maf mount but i'm maily looking for new intake piping because i don't think much of how the stock intake piping route is, surely the position it is in doesn't give it very good cold air flow so i'm looking for a complete kit piping mount and filter all in one.

youngsyp

pulsar passion said:
that's great mate but not quite what i'm looking for, i didn't really explain what i'm after properly so i'll have another go, i'm not just looking for the filter and maf mount but i'm maily looking for new intake piping because i don't think much of how the stock intake piping route is, surely the position it is in doesn't give it very good cold air flow so i'm looking for a complete kit piping mount and filter all in one.
There isn't such a kit on the market mate. You'll have to have it custom made !

You can't even get a better MAF to turbo pipe off the shelf !

Paul

Braveheart

As Paul has stated.... decide how, where and what you want and build the plumbing to suit..... there are many companies that supply couplings and pipe work. You never know, you could end up with the best breathing engine and sell us all a kit.... !